Madine Out - Confirmed

Guest _Ibbo_

It's going to take him a month at least before he's anywhere near ready for a match. Weight training in the nick / avoiding getting buggered by the bigger boys and playing football professionally are two very different things. 

And people want him straight back in? How about a little bit of respect for the forwards we have at the club who have played in recent weeks. Why let thing jumped up little mug walk straight back into the fold?

If he's willing to get his head down, work hard, and bide his time before playing then fine. Personally think he needs a good slap off someone a lot bigger to show him he's not the big man he obviously thinks he is.

What stance did Man Utd take with Eric Cantona?

People taking the moral high ground, did you cheer when Nile Ranger scored for us against Wycombe?

Also, saying he was rubbish, so were a few others under Dave Jones in this league. Kieran Lee, Semedo etc

We're skint, loaning players all over the shop, and have a young, hungry striker still on our books who could potentially be a great player at this level if he gets his head down.

Time behind bars can have a massive inpact on people's attitude and how they go about things - I've seen it first hand. We would be stupid not to get him back match fit and give him another shot, anyone who says otherwise is mad.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

@GaryMadine9: Thanks for all the nice messages, I'm sorry for letting so many people down. Can't wait 2 get back training, feel stronger than ever!!

Nice message hope he is a changed man, I wanted him out 4 months ago but hoping he gets another chance!

If he has genuinely learned his lesson, good luck to him, but I doubt that. I worked with the mother of one of the lads he was locked up for assaulting, and he and his mate who shared a house with him, had to leave their property rather swiftly when Madine was locked up, because of threats against their life, made by "someone, who claimed to be Madine's uncle". Yesterday I was talking to a Derby fan from Chesterfield who's mates of two or three of our squad members, and who was given two tickets in the South by one of our players. He's a decent enough youth, but was threatened and spat on during the game on Tuesday by a big fat slob in a blue track suit (he showed me a photo on his phone) who claimed to be a mate of Madine's.

Christ almighty

Having someone on pay roll who is obviously a thug doesnt do to well for our "family" club status. Not exactly good roll model is he, if he had done it once then yeah give him a chance. Its obvious he will be in and of trouble so I wont be clapping if he returns to hallow turf of hillsborough.

Yesterday I was talking to a Derby fan from Chesterfield who's mates of two or three of our squad members, and who was given two tickets in the South by one of our players. He's a decent enough youth, but was threatened and spat on during the game on Tuesday by a big fat slob in a blue track suit (he showed me a photo on his phone) who claimed to be a mate of Madine's.

:laugh:

So somebody just spat on a complete stranger and said "I'm Gary Madine's mate" ?

Straight to the point I suppose, no foreplay

Edited by Lee A

But

Part of me can't help but think of Ched Evans and how hypocritical it feels to be condemming United fans for wanting him back while we (or some of us anyway) welcome Gary back with open arms.

I know what Gary did isn't the same as what Ched did but a crme is a crime and you cant apply protocol to one and not the other.

Disagree.

Crime is crime but some crimes are not all crimes. Like everything in life there is more than one shade and there is scale and context behind everything.

Not all crimes warrant the same punishment; legally or morally. Punching a bloke is not rape.

He maybe completely reformed , become a peace loving Buddhist whilst inside and spend his evenings in contemplation when his tag comes off rather than going about his old habits. If so then that would be marvelous. More power to him.

I certainly hope so.

I do believe the boy still has  potential.

I just hope when the time arrives that he's tempted by a night out comes he passes on it.

Because if he thought he was getting chirped at in public before he certainly will now.

What stance did Man Utd take with Eric Cantona?

They took him back, just as I suspect Wednesday will. You'll notice I never said they should bomb him out, just simply that he needs a slap. Like I said before, IF he gets his head down, stops knocking nerdy students out in Vipers and concentrates on his football he'd be fine. Just have my doubts. 

He couldn't be sacked until appeal had been completed, apparently.

That's not true. They could have sacked him whenever they wanted, even before he went to trial. There is a risk that he could have taken the club to employment tribunal if he had been found not guilty. However, criminal law works on the basis of "beyond reasonable doubt", employment law is only "balance of probabilities" so unless he'd been completely exonerated rather than just got off on a technicality, the club would have been able to defend their decision at a tribunal.

If he has genuinely learned his lesson, good luck to him, but I doubt that. I worked with the mother of one of the lads he was locked up for assaulting, and he and his mate who shared a house with him, had to leave their property rather swiftly when Madine was locked up, because of threats against their life, made by "someone, who claimed to be Madine's uncle". Yesterday I was talking to a Derby fan from Chesterfield who's mates of two or three of our squad members, and who was given two tickets in the South by one of our players. He's a decent enough youth, but was threatened and spat on during the game on Tuesday by a big fat slob in a blue track suit (he showed me a photo on his phone) who claimed to be a mate of Madine's.

If Madine is going to come out of prison and continue to associate with idiots like these, how on earth is he going to move on with his life?

He was in trouble when he was on loan at Chesterfield, was in trouble when at Carlisle and has had his latest bit of trouble whilst being employed by Wednesday. I hope he smartens himself up, but just doubt it.

He obviously needs to sack off a few knacker mates whether that's true or not Edited by Bluesteel

I for one will be pleased to see him back in a Wednesday shirt, he's been an idiot and paid the price, I wonder if the minority who don't want him back will celebrate WHEN he scores ?

I commend the club for sticking by him and now I hope he repays that faith with an improved attitude and plenty of goals.

Edited by paddyowl

Part of me can't help but think of Ched Evans and how hypocritical it feels to be condemming United fans for wanting him back while we (or some of us anyway) welcome Gary back with open arms.

I know what Gary did isn't the same as what Ched did but a crme is a crime and you cant apply protocol to one and not the other.

Yeah, you literally can. That's kind of the basis of the sentencing guidelines under UK law. Rape isn't remotely comparable to taking a couple of drunken swings at people. There's a reason there's a register for sex offenses but not other crimes.