Madine Out - Confirmed

Guest _Ibbo_

Is it MORALLY right to advertise gambling in the ground?

You're opening up a huge can of worms talking about morals in football, I personally find ramming betting down the throats of fans more offensive than someone having a scrap whilst probably reacting to provocation.

I almost posted something just like this. Those taking a moralistic position may find difficulty in drawing a clear line that isn't inconsistent and hypocritical when applied to other cases.

Wasn't a world beater no, but won every header and considering we seem to enjoy utilizing a target man (Nuhui and now Best) to hold up and allow play to catch up, bringing in the wide men and the furthest forward midfielder into the attack. I think he could do a job in this current set up, until a better player is bought.

I would like to see him play in this team just out of interest I'll give you that.

And would probably take him over Nuhui every time, but that's not a good thing is it  :-)

However, when I compare him to the quick, intelligent strikers I've seen play at Hillsbro this past 2 seasons I don't think he's in that class and that's my point.

I agree,  but this is his 2nd chance with Sheffield Wednesday ( assuming he's getting one )

Its up to him to take the chance now, but one slip and he's gone for good, Madine is the only one with anything to lose here.

But this is where my argument lies Lee. Does it make it ok that we forget about his previous misdemeanors because, as you say 'he wasn't at Wednesday at the time'....? No is the simple answer. He's done things like this before and has had plenty of chances to change his ways. He was stupid enough to flirt with the law until enough was enough and he got sent to prison. Thats not the mentality of someone who i want children to look up to and be a role model to. Thats someone who's completely and utterly brain dead and doesn't appreciate the opportunity he's been given in life. He's a waste of space

Not really. I'm not bothered whether he's a changed man or not - he might be reformed yet still an average player at this level. I only care whether he can help our cause or not.

Well he wont have become a better player in prison will he!!

Its down to his attitude on and off the pitch, you say he cant have matured much because of it, I would say that this could be the wake up call needed to focus fully on football and improve his game. If it isnt then hes a lost cause anyway.

Edited by Bluesteel

The fact of the matter is that he has not had sufficient game time at Championship level for anyone to categorically say he can or cannot hack it at this level. IMHO

<and yes I know I said fact and IMHO in the same sentence :-p>

Edited by OxonOwl

Correct me if i'm wrong but....

Convicted for ABH in Carlisle in 2010 and did Community Service

Got done for setting a building/car on fire in Carlisle

Now this

As mentioned, he's had more than enough chances

He didnt get done for the fire though, he was accused of it but it didnt come to anything.

He fully deserved to go down, especially after his previous at Carlisle and failing to turn up for community service. Perhaps he thought he would continue to get away with it, but at least this may have given him a wake up call.

His attitude stunk before he went to prison, I really hope he is a changed man in terms of his attitude and professionalism. I fear though that prison might have only enhanced his 'bad boy' rep if he hangs around with the wrong people. In know way whatsoever should anyone praise him for what he's done and make him feel like a hero because he's certainly not.

I have major doubts over him but sincerely hope he turns his career with us around.

As for how I rate him as a player, he was good in league 1 but poor in the championship, although he didn't really get a good run of starts to prove himself at this level. Honestly who knows what will happen now, but If the club are going to stand by him, il back that and give him 1 last chance. Anymore crap from him and get rid.

But this is where my argument lies Lee. Does it make it ok that we forget about his previous misdemeanors because, as you say 'he wasn't at Wednesday at the time'....? No is the simple answer. He's done things like this before and has had plenty of chances to change his ways. He was stupid enough to flirt with the law until enough was enough and he got sent to prison. Thats not the mentality of someone who i want children to look up to and be a role model to.

I agree completely the bloke is a waste of good air and as I said before, one slip and he's done.  But it's a relevant point you raise about children and role models.

He wont be sacked as it would have happened already if he was going to be, so he now has this chance, and it will be his final chance to become as you say a role model and somebody the kids can look up to, we might not forget these things, but the young ones will.

He should now grab this chance and do everything he can to get his name back on kids shirts and be a hero ( lets be honest, make the young fans happy and sooner or later you'll win their dads over aswell )  whether he gets his head down and is willing to work hard enough or not is a different issue though.

I hope he does well, but like you I'd be very surprised if it lasts

The fact of the matter is that he has not had sufficient game time at Championship level for anyone to categorically say he can or cannot hack it at this level. IMHO

Stats from the start of last season up until the end of that December - (i've been kind in the time period of choosing these stats)

Derby (A) - 34 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Birmingham (H) - 29 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Milwall (H) - 58 mins - Start - 0 goals

Fulham (H) - 90 mins - Start - 1 goal (pen)

Palace (A) - 30 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Huddersfield (H) - 45 mins - Start - 0 goals

Southampton (A) - 90 mins - Start - 0 goals

Burnley (A) - 8 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Hull (H) - 25 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Leeds (H) - 7 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Blackburn (A) - 90 mins - Start - 0 goals

Ipswich (A) - 8 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Peterborough (H) - 22 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Middlesborough (A) - 90 mins - Start - 1 goal

Forest (A) - 90 mins - Start - 0 goals

Leicester (H) - 22 mins - Start - 0 goals

Cardiff (A) - 57 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Bristol City (H) - 90 mins - Start - 1 goal

Barnsley (A) - 57 mins - Start - 0 goals

Charlton (H) - 87 mins - Start - 0 goals

Huddersfield (A) - 25 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Plenty of opportunities there. Did nothing with them. 

Thoughts.....????