Madine Out - Confirmed

Guest _Ibbo_

They took him back, just as I suspect Wednesday will. You'll notice I never said they should bomb him out, just simply that he needs a slap. Like I said before, IF he gets his head down, stops knocking nerdy students out in Vipers and concentrates on his football he'd be fine. Just have my doubts. 

Man Utd made Cantona available for selection immediately after his ban was up - scored against Liverpool I think.

The point was, in football you put out your best players regardless of situations like this. Now, I'm not saying Madine is our Cantona, just that if Madine is regarded by the club as the best striker available for the game on Saturday, then he plays regardless of the other players being available for training for the past 5 months whilst Madine hasn't.

Let's hope your doubts don't come true - for SWFC.

Cantona never went to prison.... 

That wasn't the point, the point is he was banned from football for 8 months and played no competitive football - but, at the expensive of other Man Utd attackers, went straight back into the team when he was available for selection.

If Wednesday regard Madine as good enough to be in our starting 11, why should we be any different to Man Utd and Cantona?

And a side note, Cantona would have been banged up if that hadn't happened on a football field!

That wasn't the point, the point is he was banned from football for 8 months and played no competitive football - but, at the expensive of other Man Utd attackers, went straight back into the team when he was available for selection.

If Wednesday regard Madine as good enough to be in our starting 11, why should we be any different to Man Utd and Cantona?

And a side note, Cantona would have been banged up if that hadn't happened on a football field!

My reply was just merely a statement. No thoughts behind it.

I see what you're saying in your comment above. If he's deemed good enough then i'm sure he'll go straight in the side. 

Just to put an opinion across (i know you've already stated that Madine isn't Cantona) Eric Cantona was Eric Cantona though. Probably the most influential player in Premier League history in terms of a presence on the pitch. If he was available, he played. 

Would Cantona have been training with his teammates every day though? My point here is no matter what Madine had been doing whilst inside it won't even come close to what Cantona would have been doing with United whilst he was banned. Think they're two different scenarios altogether, the main factor being that Cantona wasn't in the nick. Madine will be a month before he plays I reckon.

Guest wilyfox

Not sure exactly how much maturing one can do in 4 months, but he's out and now is the time for him to prove it. I'm not fussed by him either way. Would be nice to have him back to his scoring best, but if not...so be it.

Gary Madine has already made comment Paul

Not sure exactly how much maturing one can do in 4 months, but he's out and now is the time for him to prove it. I'm not fussed by him either way. Would be nice to have him back to his scoring best, but if not...so be it.

It more depends on what he thought of prison and whether he fancies going back there again.

Guest wilyfox

It more depends on what he thought of prison and whether he fancies going back there again.

Not really. I'm not bothered whether he's a changed man or not - he might be reformed yet still an average player at this level. I only care whether he can help our cause or not.