Joe Mattock

Mattock never played enough to form a real opinion about him. I think he has different qualities to reda, but he looks strong in the tackle. He's looked a bit suspect in some games but he hasn't played much so that could've counted against him.

He's played at a higher level than this before as others have said

Reda is probably the best player we have had in the last ten years. Vastly underrated, should be plying his trade in the premiership.

Where did I put my tin hat?

You're either on the wind up or currently sniffing glue.

I'd have Mattock ahead of Reda every time.

Better defensively and technically a good footballer.

Reda makes up for these lacking departments, with desire, commitment, will, crunching tackles and a good goal scoring record.

But the way where playing at the moment, the style of play... it's Mattock everyday of the week.

No he wasn't, but he has been for large parts of this season, like most of them. His injury record also leaves a LOT to be desired.

Whereas mattocks has been far better?

And redas form hasn't been great, but no surprises that getting a winger to give him some help has also meant reda has improved.

Pleased mattocks done well, and competition for places only makes us stronger, but typical owlstalk to proclaim mattock the new saviour after two good games. Hes got to show this kind of form regularly before he can stake a claim for the shirt instead of reda.

He's a proper footballing left back.

Nothing against Reda, I love him...but he's a completely different sort of left back.

Be an interesting battle between them both when Reda is fit.

A different sort of left back that's actually a centre half..

Lets face it Mattock has only featured in 4 1/2 games of the last 6 because Reda is injured.

During those games he's had 2 yellows and 1 red card. I didn't go to Reading but the last home game against Barnsley he just went through the motions. We were up against 10 and then 9 men for most of the game and it was criminal the amount of times Maghoma was doubled up against because Mattock simply couldn't/wouldn't make a basic over lap run and take a man with him.Working up and down the line is a  requirement for the modern full back and Mattock simply doesn't do it enough. No excuse not to do so against ten men. Not to mention the amount of times he just played an easy sideways ball when there was space to run in. The other half he played against Macclesfield he struggled against their winger. Can't comment on the 3 away games as I didn't see him play.

Reda was immense in his last full game against Leeds. Redas flaws are there no doubt but he often makes the odd misake becasue he is so committed/involved whereas Mattock often just does the easy thing.

If you were lining up against us who would you prefer to play against, Mattock or Reda? If that doesn't tell you who should be our first choice left back.........................................it should!