Joe Mattock

Don't rate him rather floro with helan in front or Buxton on the left

All about opinions but Mattock is an established Championship left back, Floro has very little experience. As I've said before, it's just fashionable to slag Mattock off, when actually he's pretty decent.

Mattocks been great recently. Solid and pretty reliable. Nice little attacking flourishes too. Not sure what more could be asked of him.

Can get caught out by fast wingers but so would any of our fullbacks with the possible exception of Palmer

Keep it up Joe!

I havnt seen floro but he was on the bench for the under21 side the other week which makes you think if cant make that side he´d struggle to get in the 1st team .

He was on the beach yesterday and from what I can remember he had a good game against Rotherham but was at fault for one of the Burnley goals so everyone hammered him but no one knew how good Burnley were so maybe he deserves another chance or to get loaned out

He was on the beach yesterday and from what I can remember he had a good game against Rotherham but was at fault for one of the Burnley goals so everyone hammered him but no one knew how good Burnley were so maybe he deserves another chance or to get loaned out

I'm guessing he was only on the bench yesterday as we had absolutely no other defenders to choose from at the club.

Another simple thing Gray has done, just brought proper footballers into the team!

Good to see him being able to control and pass a ball properly (sounds weird to say)

Agree. As much as I love Reda you definitely can't say he's a technical footballer, frightens me to death when he gets the ball in tight defensive areas.

Guest Sheff Owl

Mattock won player of the season for Brighton before he joined us. They was furious that he picked us over them.

He's just another player that hasn't had a run in the team and needed regular games to show what he can do.

No player can play the odd game and then miss a few and so on and show decent levels of consistency.

Guest silvergusy

Reda and mattock are our main left backs, either can play there and both offer something very different. That's good for us I think.

We also have Buxton and Palmer now at right back, again very different but great to have these positions so well covered.

Full backs is a position that no longer concerns me with regards to our squad.

Unlike centre half, which needs sorting in the summer as does up front.