That was a solid night

It irritates me that people think its ok to roll over and play nice against a supposed 'Premier' club like the mighty Southampton.

**** that - we're Sheffield Wednesday. You wouldn't see a Man Utd team at ANY level get beat with such ease because the mentality of winners runs right through the club.

We need to instill a mentality befitting of the stature of our club and we won't do that by calling insipid 2-0 defeats to Southampton solid- that's just bullsh1t.

Played better

Good look at the other players in the squad

Good run out

Bad result but tonight's been really useful in the bigger picture...

Totally agree, the bigger picture tells me Jones has gone totally batshit crazy and has lost the plot, the dressing room and any kudos he earned last season.

Positives at the moment:

- Lee looks good

- McCabe likewise

- Barkley potential (I wasn't as impressed as some people on sat - but he should be playing further forward)

- Still got Lines to return

Negatives:

- Defence (obviously) - nothing will start going our way until this is sorted

- Semedo looking out of sorts/not making the step up

- 4-4-2 doesn't look to get the best out of our forwards (barkley, pecnik, rodri, JJ) but DJ won't change it

- Also we don't really have a proper left winger for 4-4-2

- Little confidence amongst strikers at the moment

- Seem to have lost the knack with set pieces - the source of many goals last season

Even though there's a lot to fix.. I don't think we're that far off a good season IF the defence is sorted, asap. I wouldn't be surprised if DJ goes out for a 0-0 on Sat.

Personally I'd give them the following talk (in a Football Manager scenerio)

*Assertive* - "I'm not pleased with what I saw out there"

Players - Fired up.

Easy way to motivate the players and lift the morale.

That said if I was Dave Jones, I would call a team meeting. Always seems to work for me on Football Manager to raise morale amongst the squad.

If I'm going to be honest and accurate I would estimate the the majority of the squad have "very poor" morale, with Chris O'Grady feeling "abysmal" at the current time.

Pearson always said he was just four games away from the sack with Milan.

Jones has had a full preseason to plan and pre-pare for the coming league.

Then we make numerous crap signing loans and a deadline day signing walks in as captain.

I do worry what the hell is going on at the moment.

Our team is looking far worse than last year.

I didnt expect anything other than a loss tonight. On a bad run, you dont want to be away to a Prem side in the cup that has just scored 6.

Im just glad its out of the way. Shame we have to play Wolves next because I cant see us getting anything from that unless we are freakishly lucky either.

Pearson always said he was just four games away from the sack with Milan.

Jones has had a full preseason to plan and pre-pare for the coming league.

Then we make numerous crap signing loans and a deadline day signing walks in as captain.

I do worry what the hell is going on at the moment.

Our team is looking far worse than last year.

How were we after 7 games last season then James?....just wondered...I can't believe this poo poo?????????????

Well, I'm not one for shouting for manager's heads, and I certainly didn't want Megson sacked for example, but the way things ate at the moment, if it did happen, I'd neither be happy nor upset.

Sadly I'm turning apathetic under Jones' management. He's lost he plot. Seriously.

.................Kirkland

.....Buxton....Gardner...Llera

Lee....................................Mattock

........Mccabe........Semedo

.................Barkley

........O'Grady.......Bothroyd

On Saturday lets try something different and se how we go need to get Mccabe & Semedo shielding the defence otherwise we will keep conceding goals at this stupid rate.