That was a solid night

Guest Leeswfc3

Played better

Good look at the other players in the squad

Good run out

Bad result but tonight's been really useful in the bigger picture...

I really don't get you sometimes...

Madine doesnt need to run around a lot or 'look interested' - he needs to finiah top goalscorer in the league for us - which he will do

Unless the 'should look interested' lot hound him out and get him replaced with Andy Booth and Chris OGrady

I would never advocate hounding players out and I don't say that COG will necessarily be a long term option for Madine but he certainly on this seasons performances derserves to be ahead of Gary at the moment.

Madine an COG havent had a sniff yet

Because we've started playing 'opportunist' long ball from the back, bypassing our new improved ball playing midfield......and also the corners are now utter shyte!

Guest Connor Swfc Mcmain

I don't really know what 'solid' is supposed to mean, but it didn't sound as bad as Huddersfield/Brighton.

Bywater is giving DJ some food for thought.

REALLY wanting to see Mattock play at left-back, not sure why Jones is getting in there ahead of him.

Prefer Llera to Taylor at the minute, but not writing Taylor off.

Pacnik is awful.

Hopefully McCabe will be back for Saturday.

Not sure what's going off with Maguire.

On Saturday i'd go with

Kirkland

Lee/Buxton--Llera--Gardner--Mattock/Reda

Antonio--McCabe--Semedo--Barkley

Bothroyd--O'Grady.

up front id go Rodri and O'grady.

bothroyd isnt showing interest atm, his goals per game is 1 goal every 4 games.

Positives at the moment:

- Lee looks good

- McCabe likewise

- Barkley potential (I wasn't as impressed as some people on sat - but he should be playing further forward)

- Still got Lines to return

Negatives:

- Defence (obviously) - nothing will start going our way until this is sorted

- Semedo looking out of sorts/not making the step up

- 4-4-2 doesn't look to get the best out of our forwards (barkley, pecnik, rodri, JJ) but DJ won't change it

- Also we don't really have a proper left winger for 4-4-2

- Little confidence amongst strikers at the moment

- Seem to have lost the knack with set pieces - the source of many goals last season

These 2 points go in hand in hand, obvious defensive issues aside, we are desperately missing a decent delivery into the box at the other end, with the height we have we would still be a huge threat from set pieces, if the ball actually made it into the danger area.

Edited by leea8331

Guest intercity0wl

BBC says 2 shots on target for us and 35% ball possession.

Easy.

I know you can make stats say anything ou want em to, but those say it all and are bang on we, only looked slightly more dangerous with the introduction of COG, but then again dont we always, if the OP thinks that is a better settled side then he had better SETTLE for a long hard winter.

Yet finished top goalscorer ?

And the same thing you say about Madine was said about Brunt, Sibon, Sheridan etc

When will Wednesday fans ever learn its FOOTBALL and not working in a steel mill

Madine doesnt need to run around a lot or 'look interested' - he needs to finiah top goalscorer in the league for us - which he will do

Unless the 'should look interested' lot hound him out and get him replaced with Andy Booth and Chris OGrady

literally can't put into words how clueless you are