Vincent Sasso

Sad to see him go. Thought he could do a job. Brought ball out of the back better than Loovens. At 26 has time to eradicate the mistake per game that gives a goal scoring opportunity.

I was hoping at best next season loovens can be back up allowing a new quality centre half in signing sasso to me is a waste of time as I would use hutch as another back up centre half , we also must get in a beast in midfield we need to start winning midfield ,wont do that with bannan lee jones abdi will we. also a pacey right winger is so important so when teams are attacking us we have someone with pace on counter attack we we badly lack . I don't want us signing loads of players then we have a squad of 30plus sooner have 22 and give few younger players a chance better in long run for club. why not try to get 1 of those leeds centre halfs? Janson or bartley neither are leeds players are they?

9 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I was hoping at best next season loovens can be back up allowing a new quality centre half in signing sasso to me is a waste of time as I would use hutch as another back up centre half , we also must get in a beast in midfield we need to start winning midfield ,wont do that with bannan lee jones abdi will we. also a pacey right winger is so important so when teams are attacking us we have someone with pace on counter attack we we badly lack . I don't want us signing loads of players then we have a squad of 30plus sooner have 22 and give few younger players a chance better in long run for club. why not try to get 1 of those leeds centre halfs? Janson or bartley neither are leeds players are they?

Yea jansson is a leeds player from 1st july but bartley warned if they dont keep monk he wont rejoin so thats him done with weeds, would love bartley here

9 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Hopefully grant Hanley coming in to partner lees. Big strong cb and not afraid to dish some boot out.

Hanley didn't pull up any trees at Newcastle - Hutch should return to CH and we should invest in decent Midfielder (like we should have done last summer).

We'll probably end up with a some new strikers and a keeper instead.

Looking forward to the summers recruitment plan with some trepidation.

Sasso was fine - got a lot stick but can actually pick a pass.  Will only get better.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

19 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Yea jansson is a leeds player from 1st july but bartley warned if they dont keep monk he wont rejoin so thats him done with weeds, would love bartley here

I agree, and it would have the added bonus of peeing off Leeds. Win, win IMO.

24 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Hanley didn't pull up any trees at Newcastle - Hutch should return to CH and we should invest in decent Midfielder (like we should have done last summer).

We'll probably end up with a some new strikers and a keeper instead.

Looking forward to the summers recruitment plan with some trepidation.

Sasso was fine - got a lot stick but can actually pick a pass.  Will only get better.

We we need someone who dominates in the air, a good leader, and who is left footed Hanley fits the bill Hutchinson as a partner for Hanley yeah great, but Hutchinson and Lees, too vulnerable at set plays

Edited by gurujuan

9 hours ago, DesWalker said:

Good, but only if he's 4th choice back up

This!!!

If we go out now and sign Hanley, that'll mean 3 decent centre backs in front of him (Loovens, Lees, Hanley) and he'd then be a decent option as 4th choice.

Also with Hutch able to drop in there, that'll leave us well covered in that position.

I like the lad. As others have alluded to, he players the ball out quicker from the back the other two and his willingness to drive into midfield with the ball creates a "go to him or stay with your man?" Quandary for the opposition. 

Couple of wee wee tail ups, but who doesn't drop a rick now and again. Coming into a promotion changing team at the drop of a hat when not getting any regular football to retain sharpness because of the dissolution of reserve team football isn't easy for any player.

Well worth signing back on. 

Still need another centre half though in that department and have done for some time IMO 

16 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

Well worth a 12 month contract IMO.

At the moment, he's our best ball-playing centre half.

He's actually our only ball-playing centre half. Neg all you want but we seem to play a higher tempo when he's in the side due to his excellent passing skills (as opposed to side to side with Lees and Loovens). Let's also not forget his match-winning brace...deffo worth an extension.

Very much hope Sasso stays. Huge promise.

The biggest complement we can pay him is that in the 12 games he played in the second half of the season the results were top class.

23 points (almost 2 per game!!!)

18 goals for (more than the season average)

11 goals against (less than the season average)

We saw ricks from Lees, Loovens and Hutch at CB. Remember how flakey Tom was for the early season! Sasso made a couple too, but as someone else pointed out he had to be rusty.

We all moan about speed. Well Vincent is a proper athlete. Covers the ground far quicker than Glenn. Very physical in the tackle, but a very clean tackler. I was yards away from several tackles he made at Forest and I was hugely impressed with how quickly he got out to the touchline when Hunt was beaten, and the sharpness and precision of his tackles.

Apart from his two superb goals v Blackburn, anyone remember his bullet header home to Wolves. On a day when we were utter tripe, he almost secured us three points but for a brilliant finger-tip save. He is a real goal-threat.

As a third or fourth choice CB he is quite something. I thought he was unlucky to lose his place, though we did get even better defensively once Glenn came back.

I know many of you think we need better, but in Lees, Loovens, Sasso and Hutch I think we are blessed with CBs.

Edited by Holmowl