Vincent Sasso

19 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I have no issue at all with booting the ball into the back of the stand. Brought up that way myself.

And I never said that he shouldn't have booted it out as far as I know....?

I think I said that decision making and mental sharpness can become rusty through match practise...

There is a lovely story by Fred Eyre (ex journeyman pro).

In later life he played for the first time at Wembley, in a charity match before the kick-off of an FA Cup Final. He played CB partnered by, of all people, Bobby Moore.

In the middle of defending a Keystone Kops goalmouth scramble, the ball fell to Moore, and Fred screamed "Hoof it, hoof it" or similar. Instead, almost in slow motion, Moore calmly brought the ball under control, surrounded by attackers, dropped a shoulder to leave them dead, moved the ball out of his feet, and curled a lovely measured pass to an awaiting team-mate wide of the box, to start an attack. He then turned to Fred and smiled sympathetically.

I hope Hutch is used mainly as a CB next season. Which could leave us with Sasso, Lees, Hutch and Loovens as our choices. Good enough? 

Looks like Sasso will be off, though. Maybe he just isn't prepared to be 3rd or 4th choice again.