Liam Palmer - a long 'un

Played all across the back, never moans just gets on with the job. What a pro. But What a way to treat a loyal servant  - not knowing if he’s got any income in 2 months time. Not for one moment suggesting he’ll shirk a tackle in the next two matches, but surely  there should be some incentive in place to give it your all. And I understand he’s not the only one either.

• Like 8

I think the right side of a back 3 is his best position now. I’ve never been his biggest fan (and I don’t  mean I’ve abused/booed him etc ) but he’s just had a couple of really good seasons. I’d be keeping him. 

• Like 1

I know they say there's no room for sentiment, but I'd give him another 2 years, no matter what league we are in. His attitude and commitment has never been more than 100% and he's proven he is willing to give it his all no matter what position he is playing. A model pro. 

Would be sad to see him go as I think he's still got it

• Like 6

He will be one of many where we are waiting to see what division we are in, and therefore what wages we can afford to pay.  I'd like to keep him, he can play multiple positions and is one of the few with leadership material that we have, but we'll have to move on at some point.  If we stay up and Danny sees us moving up the table Palmer isn't realistically going to be up to the standard of a top half Championship team.

• Like 1

On a serious note. Well done for loving your dream Liam. Wednesday through and through. You deserve to know where you stand. If it's not with Wednesday then thanks for the good memories and all the effort you have put in. 

Again well done on loving your dream 👌👌

4 minutes ago, Furious George said:

He looks older there than he does now, unless that's a photo for next season and that's Bannan just behind him. 

They'd both be on  my list for keeping,if possible,  no matter which league we're in.

MISLEADING THREAD TITLE - not what I expected to see at all 

Typical Star Reporters with their click bait titles 

Hooking you in with tantalising exotic headlines but click into it and no action at all to see 

ffs

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

It really feels like we take one step forward then two back at the club. 

are we getting rid of every player out of contract or more likely will we be keep some of them. I just dont get why every year we have to have do many players out of contracts.

just offer contracts to players you want to keep. You would not run a business with the risk that all your staff would leave each year so why run a football club like that.