Liam Palmer - a long 'un

50 minutes ago, room0035 said:

It really feels like we take one step forward then two back at the club. 

are we getting rid of every player out of contract or more likely will we be keep some of them. I just dont get why every year we have to have do many players out of contracts.

just offer contracts to players you want to keep. You would not run a business with the risk that all your staff would leave each year so why run a football club like that.

I suppose we’re waiting to see what league we are in before we start giving contracts 

We've seen the video ...and he's a smart

and intelligent bloke and didn't rise to the bait of it possibly being his last game. 

Nice interview but ffs just eff off with the negativity. There's a massive close season to deal with that. Knobsack. 

• Love 1

Some will never fully appreciate him, but you need players like Liam Palmer in a squad. 

A solid pro who can play multiple positions. When you are playing 46 league games, it's invaluable to have someone like that. 

If he does move on in the summer, he has that moment against Posh. 

• Like 1

Can't help but think it's backwards and unfair to not know 

I mean we all know palmer would sign a new deal which ever league we will be playing in 

surely the retaining players know if contracts are coming 

why we leave it this long is criminal you could still sign a championship contract with reduced pay for relegation 

just happens too many times at this club.

anyway I think he'll be offered another deal even as grounds man he's mr Wednesday still plays at a good standard in various positions and I believe he's a good two years still performing like that 

but his character, around the place can't be valued the lads class 

completely different but the same in semi he was irreplaceable for me to have around minimum and we quickly declined when he left 

• Like 1

Röhl might not want him. Myself, I would regardless of what division we are in, but I support and pick teams with my heart not brains. I am happy whatever Röhl decides.

Most iconic goals in my watch, Sheridan, Waddle and Palmer.

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

MISLEADING THREAD TITLE - not what I expected to see at all 

Typical Star Reporters with their click bait titles 

Hooking you in with tantalising exotic headlines but click into it and no action at all to see 

ffs

LIAM PALMER'S LONG 'UN

13 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

What a fantastic player and servant of the club.

Waits for Steeler Ian to have a pop any moment though.

no point in me commenting on this too much. my comments will just be deleted and I'll be stopped from commenting further on the thread. big power trip from the boss man.

you all know my thoughts on palmer - not good enough. if we want to improve we need better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s really mad that Palmer is a life long Owl, is a model professional, barely injured ( although he milks a rolling on the floor opportunity 🤣) wants to stay, plays in a multitude of positions to the best of his ability, wants to stay. And then there’s Malik Wilks. UTO

• Like 1