Say bye to Saturday 3pm games if we stay up.

Not sure if it's been widely reported, but the new Sky deal means less 3pm Saturday games.

So at least League One has one silver lining!

Under the new TV deal accepted by clubs and the EFL, 5 games each weekend (Friday - Monday) in the Championship will not be played at 3:00pm Saturday. The remaining 7 games will be.

• Haha 1

Afraid that's correct. 5 games picked from League 1 & 2 every weekend for live Sky. Considering we'd be the biggest club there, I reckon that means loads of our what-would-be 3pm Saturday kickoffs moved to Friday nights/ Sunday lunchtimes 😭 😭

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gtownowl said:

Afraid that's correct. 5 games picked from League 1 & 2 every weekend for live Sky. Considering we'd be the biggest club there, I reckon that means loads of our what-would-be 3pm Saturday kickoffs moved to Friday nights/ Sunday lunchtimes 😭 😭

This. Once they get bored of Wrexham we will be on every week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't face another month in the third tier, let alone a year.

We really are treated like the shiyte of English football.

I can only think of Portsmouth and Charlton fans, who would have any clue how we feel and may feel similarly.

We must have some fans who are now 30 or so years old and who cannot remember seeing us play Premier League football?

Edited by maidstoneowl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, maidstoneowl said:

I can't face another month in the third tier, let alone a year.

We really are treated like the shiyte of English football.

I can only think of Portsmouth and Charlton fans, who would have any clue how we feel and may feel similarly.

We must have some fans who are now 30 or so years old and who cannot remember seeing us play Premier League football?

Yep we will have spent a whole generation, a quarter of a century flitting between the 2nd and 3rd divisions.

So depressing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gtownowl said:

More likely to be Wrexham from league 1 and the pigs in champ.

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The constant move from the Saturday 3pm kickoffs is going to totally decimate the idea of season tickets if it continues

DC would love that :Chansiri: 

how many bloody games on tv do you need?  i might watch 1 over the wkd . dont think many of us would still be married if we had games on twice a day from friday till monday then more in the week.  its called over kill , there is enough games on tv as it is actually far too many.  friday nights for away supporters is a nightmare , saturday nights even worse ,1230 on a saturday can mean having to leave the house at 5am . without paying fans this game is nothing , look at 2020/21 watching those games in empty stadiums was a huge put off . we will start having half empty grounds at many clubs before too long. 

• Like 1

Sounds like it will be 5 Championship games, 3 League One and 2 League Two every week. 

Each season, Sky Sports will broadcast a minimum of:

328 Sky Bet Championship matches

248 Sky Bet League One matches

248 Sky Bet League Two matches

All 15 Play-Off matches

All 93 Carabao Cup matches

All 127 EFL Trophy matches

Each League weekend fixture round will see 10 live EFL fixtures shown. Five matches will be shown from the Sky Bet Championship and supporters of Sky Bet League One and League Two teams will now benefit from greater coverage than ever before with five of their games being broadcast live. For the first time ever, fans will be also able to watch every match from the Carabao Cup and EFL Trophy.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/21564/12873679/sky-sports-agrees-new-five-year-efl-deal-over-1000-matches-per-season

2 hours ago, SDS Owl said:

Sounds like it will be 5 Championship games, 3 League One and 2 League Two every week. 

Each season, Sky Sports will broadcast a minimum of:

328 Sky Bet Championship matches

248 Sky Bet League One matches

248 Sky Bet League Two matches

All 15 Play-Off matches

All 93 Carabao Cup matches

All 127 EFL Trophy matches

Each League weekend fixture round will see 10 live EFL fixtures shown. Five matches will be shown from the Sky Bet Championship and supporters of Sky Bet League One and League Two teams will now benefit from greater coverage than ever before with five of their games being broadcast live. For the first time ever, fans will be also able to watch every match from the Carabao Cup and EFL Trophy.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/21564/12873679/sky-sports-agrees-new-five-year-efl-deal-over-1000-matches-per-season

All 127 EFL Trophy matches! This is the most depressing part if we go down. Wednesday v Some U21 team.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, chrisf said:

Not sure if it's been widely reported, but the new Sky deal means less 3pm Saturday games.

So at least League One has one silver lining!

Under the new TV deal accepted by clubs and the EFL, 5 games each weekend (Friday - Monday) in the Championship will not be played at 3:00pm Saturday. The remaining 7 games will be.

Even if we go down we'll be picked for TV a lot, football really is crap now with VAR in the PL and now Saturday 3pm kick offs being less and less often, sad. It's not the game I fell in love with anyway, annoying I have got my 9 year old grandson into it so no chance of me stopping going any time soon lol

17 hours ago, Hyde2005 said:

how many bloody games on tv do you need?  i might watch 1 over the wkd . dont think many of us would still be married if we had games on twice a day from friday till monday then more in the week.  its called over kill , there is enough games on tv as it is actually far too many.  friday nights for away supporters is a nightmare , saturday nights even worse ,1230 on a saturday can mean having to leave the house at 5am . without paying fans this game is nothing , look at 2020/21 watching those games in empty stadiums was a huge put off . we will start having half empty grounds at many clubs before too long. 

I guess I'm lucky that 'er indoors loves watching the footy lol

14 hours ago, apswfcowl said:

All 127 EFL Trophy matches! This is the most depressing part if we go down. Wednesday v Some U21 team.

No chance I'll watch a single minute of that. Including the final if we got their. Joke of a cup. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

Even if we go down we'll be picked for TV a lot, football really is crap now with VAR in the PL and now Saturday 3pm kick offs being less and less often, sad. It's not the game I fell in love with anyway, annoying I have got my 9 year old grandson into it so no chance of me stopping going any time soon lol

We might end up on TV more if we go down, we do good numbers for that level. In previous spells down there when Sky used to have the Mickey Mouse Cup and the League Cup I remember we'd be on a lot.