A combined bid?.

On 02/04/2024 at 11:39, island owl said:

If we go down, the value of the club decreases

Yep, it's a bit like buying a car and waiting to buy next year's model at a much cheaper price.

Well, that's how it should work, of course, but the seller in this case seems to think that the club will be worth more playing in a lower division with an inferior squad.

1 hour ago, maidstoneowl said:

@prowl hit the nail on the head here.  I've also been told one potentially serious investment team couldn't even open an initial discussion (not sure if it's true) but apparently he's extremely difficult to reach.  

Can you honestly imagine the first telephone conversation?  

If you’ve been told about serious investment they arent serious mate. Investors never disclose to anyone. 

He's quite easy to reach, you've seen the email replies to fans, anyone serious about investment just contact the club or reach out on Linkedin. Serious investors won't have a problem getting in touch, the problem will be the response if he's not interested. 

On 02/04/2024 at 10:30, Owl Be Back said:

........ like the stadium owned by a different company that would also have to be dealt with; can see Chancer not including that in any sale just so he can exert control and try and bleed the next owner dry with any lease agreement.

Didn't work too well for Boothie at Rovrum

10 hours ago, Road Runner said:

If you’ve been told about serious investment they arent serious mate. Investors never disclose to anyone. 

He's quite easy to reach, you've seen the email replies to fans, anyone serious about investment just contact the club or reach out on Linkedin. Serious investors won't have a problem getting in touch, the problem will be the response if he's not interested. 

Fair point.

It's probably more the case that no "serious investors" have got in touch because there are no serious investors.

Where has the £150m figure come from?

All I can see is someone on here has said that he will want to get back what he has put in and someone else has said it's about £150m.

So he wants £150m has become gospel.

49 minutes ago, Rotherham Owl said:

Where has the £150m figure come from?

All I can see is someone on here has said that he will want to get back what he has put in and someone else has said it's about £150m.

So he wants £150m has become gospel.

I see it this way.

He wants more than the club is currently worth, potentially significantly more.

Which given the fact that as a business is frankly on its arse, given the associated issues around the stadium, training ground and infrastructure of said business, will be hard to achieve.

The actual figure isn't overly important, because in its current form as a club. It's not worth, what he wants for it and why would anyone buy it at an inflated price?

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

You would think so, but I wouldn't count on it.

Our best hope. Is that DC runs out of money and is forced to sell to the highest bidder, or the person currently bankrolling the club (apparently not DC according to some on here), forces DC's hand and again he has to sell.

Chansiri would probably argue that losses would be less and therefore we were worth more.

On 02/04/2024 at 11:20, kilbyj said:

There has to be one serious interested party first, never mind lumping in with a second or a third.

Who in their right mind would spend what it would take the Charlatan in the board room to sell?

It would need to be peanuts given:

A. The ground is separated from the club

B. Should the ground be reunited with club on purchase it needs millions spending on it

C. The training ground is an utter embarrassment to the championship, it's league two stuff. The dome is still down I believe?!? How long has that been?

D. The squad is either old, useless or out of contract. Needs a few million spending on it in L1 never mind championship

E. To get fans back on side and attending next season given the rumours of low sales, several hundred thousand probably needs refunding to season ticket holders single and long term tickets so that POTG can be reduced

It's an absolute atrocity of a business and probably only worth buying or "saving" once admin happens.

This pretty much sums us up right now. We thought we were hard to sell when Mandaric bought us, we’re ten times worse now and at that point we were nearly out of business. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

I see it this way.

He wants more than the club is currently worth, potentially significantly more.

Which given the fact that as a business is frankly on its arse, given the associated issues around the stadium, training ground and infrastructure of said business, will be hard to achieve.

The actual figure isn't overly important, because in its current form as a club. It's not worth, what he wants for it and why would anyone buy it at an inflated price?

Can we ask Wycombe if they want the training ground?

On 03/04/2024 at 11:15, stevie snerklebox said:

Did the public display of around 10,000 yellow 1867 flyers live on Sky provoke a response from him?

10,000 flyers is a good start, but if those 10,000 flyers are being shown in a stadium with 25,000 paying fans in it he's not going to give a throw.

If people stop going he'll have to take notice, but let's be honest that's not going to happen with our fanbase. It's the old guard who've 'got to see their mates' and who 'saw worse in't seventies' who'll doom any attempt to get rid of him. Next season might be the turning point but by then it may well be too late.

• Like 1

On 03/04/2024 at 22:45, andypandy said:

Yeah saw that when the topic regarding the IFR was announced, but what is classed as an unsuitable owner, what's the criteria to be met, we as fans in the most part want DC gone but I am not sure if he will be classed that way, I hope i am wrong, and they can boot him.

If  Chansiri was deemed  an unsuitable owner etc and banished where would we play

As far as I am aware he own the  ground  through one of his companies

If he  is kicked out then surely he would keep the ground even if he did not own the  club

On 03/04/2024 at 10:33, andypandy said:

this new independent watchdog may have some powers, but whether they can force a sale is debatable.

Are they active as of now? 

Are fans able to approach them with concerns? 

When will people realize there is not one serious interested party wanting to buy us. Yet alone two who might ant to launch a serious bid.

Only two serious people have tried to buy the club in the last 30 years. 

Mandaric bought us for a quid on the high court steps

Chansiri bought from him.

That's it.

If you wanted to buy a football club, there are probably 20 in front of us 

So using the car analogy you like, you are trying to sell a ford sierra in exchange and Mart and there are 20 more for sale that are cheaper or better. 

On 03/04/2024 at 13:09, bigrbuk said:

Just dropped him an email to say it's my birthday coming up and I'm expecting a windfall from my birthday cards. Let's see what he says...

It'll end with "idiot".... might start with idiot as well tbh, he's very good with words is ol channers.

What DC seems to have missed is that the club is the value of its Assets, we have very little assets in players, maybe £5M, we don't own the ground but I would guess that would need to be part of the sale, the Ground is out of date and needs work but worth maybe £20M, training ground is old and needs replacing but land probably worth £2M.

Total value is around £27M, we lose about £5M a year so you would think it would take a few years to turn that around and major investment especially if we get relegated so I would give a good estimate that the club is worth around £10-£15M..  (Probably now worth less than when he bought it)..

DC thinks the club is worth all money he has ploughed into it, it is not... 

• Like 1