A combined bid?.

On 03/04/2024 at 11:19, prowl said:

DC wants to see proof of funds before he will start laying out his terms. He's said before he's had offers but not proof of funds. That wouldn't be surprising if he's wanting proof of £150M when the club is worth far less than that.

It's just a good way of avoiding serious negotiations.

'Show me how much money you have and I'll tell you how much I'm going to charge you'

Unless he finds an even bigger rube than he is to sell to, no one will ever start negotiations on those terms.

• Like 3

On 06/04/2024 at 14:24, catdog1121 said:

What DC seems to have missed is that the club is the value of its Assets, we have very little assets in players, maybe £5M, we don't own the ground but I would guess that would need to be part of the sale, the Ground is out of date and needs work but worth maybe £20M, training ground is old and needs replacing but land probably worth £2M.

Total value is around £27M, we lose about £5M a year so you would think it would take a few years to turn that around and major investment especially if we get relegated so I would give a good estimate that the club is worth around £10-£15M..  (Probably now worth less than when he bought it)..

DC thinks the club is worth all money he has ploughed into it, it is not... 

Actually valuing clubs is not that simple. See

https://www.betvictor.com/blog/campaign/most-investible-football-clubs/

But your ballpark figure is not far off their valuation. They put us in the £10-25m bracket

The way he values the club is just like selling a car but rather than selling at its actual value you top up how much fuel you have been putting in to keep it running over the years and decide to add that to the total value. No one would buy that car, no one will buy the club with that thought process coming from the seller 

On 06/04/2024 at 15:06, owlinexile said:

Unless he finds an even bigger rube than he is to sell to, no one will ever start negotiations on those terms.

He doesnt seem keen to sell so probably what he's  hoping for .

On 06/04/2024 at 15:06, owlinexile said:

'Show me how much money you have and I'll tell you how much I'm going to charge you'

Proof of funds doesn't mean showing the seller how much you have but demonstrating to a 3rd party lawyer etc that you have funds. 

• Like 1

I know of someone who during the last 12 months, has offered DC £10M. The response he got back was no way.  And the figure of £150M was mentioned.   

And no, I’m not about to give more details on who this person is before someone tells me I’ve got to or else it isn’t true. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Snelldog said:

I know of someone who during the last 12 months, has offered DC £10M. The response he got back was no way.  And the figure of £150M was mentioned.   

And no, I’m not about to give more details on who this person is before someone tells me I’ve got to or else it isn’t true. 

Was it Dave Allen