Marvin Johnson's attitude on pitch

Can’t say I’m surprised if his attitude is somewhat lacking at times. He started the season un registered and frozen out. Then brought back in but refused a move elswhere and to top it all he’s always played as a winger/wing back but yesterday played as a full back in a back four.

There’s little wonder his defending and his commitment are lacking really. Anyway I wouldn’t single him out, the whole team were poor yesterday, right from keeper to strikers .

1 hour ago, JohnnyQuinnsQuiff said:

Let’s single out MJ after being thumped 6-0. If only he’d have tried that bit harder, we may have kept it to 5. 😂

They were all poor, every single one of them.

This 👆🏻

A bad day at the office for all, including Danny. Against a team in second place that can score plenty when they’re “on it”.

So, yeah, let’s get a posse together and run someone out of town. This weeks candidate is Johnson FFS. 

Imagine if Johnson had looked happy all game and was all smiles- then what? He’d be accused of not taking it seriously and have no commitment etc. etc.

Johnson has not been at his best for the last four or five games, lets his man go, turns his back on crosses and doesn't get back if beaten. Like others say it is a team game but everyone needs to play well to gain a victory. Hope he comes good , we haven't a lot of options

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spiderman said:

Is it just me that see"s Johnson's attitude on pitch and body language whilst playing a complete disgrace, he loses the ball or gives it away and it's always someone else's fault, turning and screaming at other players.In a challenge he goes in 60% tops and always loses out trying to claim a foul, when asked to use his right foot.....hahaha....well thats another thing..he can't...a pro who only has his left foot.For me I would rather have a youngster who will give you complete 100% commitment for the team and try his upmost, not some jumped up one footed pansy at leftwing back.

This is just the way I see things I'm sure I will get a barrage of MJ lovers......

Given your username I would have thought you'd be chief among the MJ lovers.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure what people expect , think he’s quite a laidback character that’s all.  he’s been great this season and if We stop him he’s a massive reason . He’s not an outstanding player but a real solid performer with good energy and a very decent left foot . Always fit too . Shame he’s 33

Maybe just had a poor one off day like the rest of the team,all players have them. Generally speaking since Christmas we have done quite well, bar this and the Huddersfield result. Had our 2 toughest games of the season in the last week or so, if you would have told me back in October that we would be 1 result away from getting out the bottom 3 I would have snatched your hand off

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Never met him, but always appears to me like a chilled, level-headed guy who responds to life's great triumphs and disappointments with a shrug of the shoulders and rueful smile. His body language looked no different than the other 100 games he's played - where he has, by and large, been excellent. Clearly one of our best players over the past 3 years.

So, if the OP is asking about his attitude on the pitch - for three years his attitude has to be one of our fittest, players, best performers, top goal creators and part of a record-breaking number of clean sheets.

4 hours ago, spiderman said:

Is it just me that see"s Johnson's attitude on pitch and body language whilst playing a complete disgrace, he loses the ball or gives it away and it's always someone else's fault, turning and screaming at other players.In a challenge he goes in 60% tops and always loses out trying to claim a foul, when asked to use his right foot.....hahaha....well thats another thing..he can't...a pro who only has his left foot.For me I would rather have a youngster who will give you complete 100% commitment for the team and try his upmost, not some jumped up one footed pansy at leftwing back.

This is just the way I see things I'm sure I will get a barrage of MJ lovers......

Yes it’s just you 

Ipswich would be saying "thank the lord" we didn't sign him! 

I was Marv biggest critic earlier in the season. Then Danny got Marv really ticking until the last 2 games against top sides. In fact he looked poor. 

And yet, I half thought Marv woukd go to Ipswich, play a blinder, score a blinder.... and Ipswich weap at missing out on him in January. 

Most of us still wonder why Reece James has not been picked as a much better defensive left back? 

What about......

Iorfa - Ihiekwe - Bernard - JAMES 

Palmer Vaulks 

Poveda   Bannan  Marv

Ugbo  Gassama (or Windass) 

I don't think he enjoys defending at all. He said as much when DM played him at left back, that it's not his game.

It's obvious that he's better in the attacking half of the pitch. That's were he does all his best work for us and that's were he should be playing. It's a waste having him at left back.