Marvin Johnson's attitude on pitch

1 minute ago, spiderman said:

What because he might get 1-2 decent crosses in a game?.........cos thats all he gives.

Hasn't he played a part in our recent wins?
He's won plaudits and good reviews since his return

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, spiderman said:

All the team has played a part....he is a weak link

But he's been a huge part of that
Put in killer crosses

Played well
Got accolades from commentators and experts

IF he was as bad as you say then he'd not be in the side

Owlstalk Shop

He’s been very good since coming back into the squad but yesterday his bad habits that he demonstrated in a few games last season resurfaced. 

Hopefully that doesn’t happen again. MJ is no left back either - he’s a good LWB or wide midfielder. I suspect DR will revert to a back 5 now.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, spiderman said:

so you look at him and he gives his all?......no chance

I look at him and see a quality player who puts in crosses that we score from
If he was as bad or as 'lazy' as you think then Röhl wouldn't choose him for a starting place

Since he came back in the side we've been great and so has he

Not sure why you're firing at him to be honest?

I'm happy with him

More importantly Röhl is too

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, spiderman said:

All the team has played a part....he is a weak link

Behave. He hasn’t been great the last two games but prior to that he has been our best player since coming back into the team.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, spiderman said:

Is it just me that see"s Johnson's attitude on pitch and body language whilst playing a complete disgrace, he loses the ball or gives it away and it's always someone else's fault, turning and screaming at other players.In a challenge he goes in 60% tops and always loses out trying to claim a foul, when asked to use his right foot.....hahaha....well thats another thing..he can't...a pro who only has his left foot.For me I would rather have a youngster who will give you complete 100% commitment for the team and try his upmost, not some jumped up one footed pansy at leftwing back.

This is just the way I see things I'm sure I will get a barrage of MJ lovers......

I thought that was the worst game I've seen him.play in yesterday. His first touch was abysmal, his passing was shocking. He was a passenger defending all over the place and got beat far too many times down the flanks, mind u so did iorfa. Didn't help the way Danny set up the team and the fact that the two wingers got caught out up field, left the wing bks isolated 2 v 1 everytime. Was way to open, footballing suicide.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, epton1867 said:

Daft comment!! Mj coming back after been frozen out as been up there with most consistent players , yesterday was a bad day but it’s not one players fault 

It is a ridiculous OP, but I don't see Johnson as particularly consistent.

For me, he's actually one of our most inconsistent players - capable of being a match winner one minute, but a defensive liability the next.

We need players like him in the squad, as we're hardly blessed with an abundance of creative outlets. Only Poveda, Bannan, Windass and Vaulks create chances for their teammates at a better rate than Johnson, and nobody has more assists than him.

But he also loses the ball a fair amount - his passing accuracy is among the worst in our squad - and he has a nasty habit of putting in half-hearted attempts to stop his man ghosting past him down that flank, which has been a weak point for us all season. 

As I say, he's a must-play given the other options available to us, but consistent isn't the word I'd use for him.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1