Marvin Johnson's attitude on pitch

Tommy Crawshaw 

Absolutely right bud. Spot on. 

Not rocket science. 

But we have so many restrictions in our squad. 

Reece James for Away games. 

Marv further forward all games. 

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

But he's been a huge part of that
Put in killer crosses

Played well
Got accolades from commentators and experts

IF he was as bad as you say then he'd not be in the side

Maybe Spider-Man just doesn’t understand football 

At the end of January I didn't want him to leave, and that's saying something as I didn't think he should have been offered a new contract

Just these last few games where he's not seen as sharp as he was 6 weeks ago. Maybe it's fatigue and with the international break he will come back as he was several matches ago

As I said for me to say this about him, shows how well he played from a game or two from coming back in to a few games ago. He needs to be at the races as we need him 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

He’s been very good since coming back into the squad but yesterday his bad habits that he demonstrated in a few games last season resurfaced. 

Hopefully that doesn’t happen again. MJ is no left back either - he’s a good LWB or wide midfielder. I suspect DR will revert to a back 5 now.

This. Last dozen games he’s been great. He was far from that yesterday and I know he wasn’t alone. But when he’s off, he turns the ball over more than anyone and most certainly doesn’t track runners, Leach’s hugely exposed…

The guy cannot play as a left back in a back four, he is not a good enough defender. He is ok when played as a left wing back in a back five when a left sided central defender covers for him.

The manager should have realised that by now perhaps after yesterday he will have.

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Röhl is happy with him though

As am I

Are you both happy with the goal difference.... a good slice is down to him, well tbf B Diaby and Famewo have a good chunk too. All shocking in defence 

7 hours ago, spiderman said:

Is it just me that see"s Johnson's attitude on pitch and body language whilst playing a complete disgrace, he loses the ball or gives it away and it's always someone else's fault, turning and screaming at other players.In a challenge he goes in 60% tops and always loses out trying to claim a foul, when asked to use his right foot.....hahaha....well thats another thing..he can't...a pro who only has his left foot.For me I would rather have a youngster who will give you complete 100% commitment for the team and try his upmost, not some jumped up one footed pansy at leftwing back.

This is just the way I see things I'm sure I will get a barrage of MJ lovers......

Marv is a genuine candidate for player of the season. And, he missed a third of the season!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MallorcaOwl said:

He has been one of our better players this season, however he had a stinker yesterday. We all have them, I had loads playing for the White Lion.

Know how you feel mate, I was having a blinding season for Rose & Crown. Heard Bull & Sun Inn had sent scouts to watch me.

Pressure got to me and went to mush after, the thought of the free post game sandwhich from the Bull & Sun played on my mind especially with Hildeas crackling. 

Never recovered. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He’s always been a lazy player with a questionable attitude and never been someone to rely on when the going gets tough. Yes he was unfairly treated by the previous manager but was brought back into the fold by DR and was showing levels of performance previously unseen from him. We obviously now know this was because he thought he was off to Ipswich with a nice new contract on the table with a possible promotion bonus and maybe a years Prem wages, all hypothetical of course but confidence boosting for Marvin. We rightly declined the offer of no transfer money, which in turn caused Marvin to spit the dummy out and feign injury for the Huddersfield game. We’re now back to having a half arsed player who turns up when he feels like it. 

The OP is 100% correct and people saying he could be our player of the season need to give their head a shake, but comments like that prove how totally atrocious we are.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dalai Farmer ITFC said:

Exactly. And we were after him. No point in denying it 'cos it's true. And apparently he was keen to come. Dunno why it didn't happen but I think you wanted compensation which was more than we wanted to pay. 

Farmers are always cheapskates 😏

Yet you didn't seem to mind paying out millions for the others you've signed.