Man of the Match & Player Ratings vs Ipswich (A)

Man of the Match & Player Ratings vs Ipswich (A)  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the Match?

• Beadle
    • Iorfa
    • Iheikwe
    • Bernard
    • Johnson
    • Vaulks
    • Bannan
    • Musaba
    • Poveda
    • Gassama
    • Ugbo
    • Valentín
    • Momo Diaby
    • Smith
    • Wilks
    • Famewo

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/03/24 at 18:24

a bad day , there commentator called it right after about 5 minutes that if this is how we going to play our back line is in for painful time ......i baled out when the 4th went in and at that  point we didnt have a man of the match so havnt voted .....

• Like 7

Beadle:  4

Iorfa: 2

Ihiekwe: 2

Bernard: 2

Johnson: 2

Vaulks: 6

Bannan:3

Musaba: 3

Poveda: 7

Gassama:2

Ugbo:3

Valentín: 6

Momo Diaby: 2

Smith: 2

Wilks:2

Famewo: 3

They showed us what hard work and a press was all about. We didn't work hard enough and left tons of space for them to do what they wanted and we never woke up to it.

The defence was like keystone cops, summed up by their 2nd from the corner when we had a man advantage, yet we still left 2 players completely unmarked in our 6 yard box. That's really hard to do but we managed to do it. 

Shambolic performance.

• Like 4

Really poor performance, both Iorfa and Johnson were totally exposed with very little cover from midfield.

Bannan and Vaulks were chasing shadows.

Ugbo had nothing to work with, Musaba and in particular Gazzama  offered little threat. Only Poveda looked likely to create anything and sadly I think he has pulled his hamstring tracking back for their fourth.

at times it looked like Ipswich had an extra man on the pitch.

Beadle.  4.5.   Thought he could have done better with 3 of the goals, in particular the fifth where he parried the ball back into the danger zone.

Iorfa  5.  Given little support down our right and struggled first half.

Ihekwie.  5.  Got dominated by Moore and both our defence and midfield couldn't cope with Hutchinson.

Bernard.  4.5   Left hand side of our defence was all over the place.

Johnson.  4   Really poor never got close to his man

Bannan.  5.  Think he must have been carrying an injury as he  wasn't at the races.

Vaulks.  6  kept going but can't do it all on his own.

Musaba.  5    Went on a few runs but no end product.

Poveda.  6.5.  MoM.   The only player who caused them problems. Hope it's not his hamstring that's gone.

Gazzama.  4.  Really poor and was no help defensively, sometimes you have to dig in.

Ugbo.  5.  Little service but was kept quiet.

Finally Ipswich a much smaller team caused us a lot of problems from corners while we offer nothing. It's something that needs addressing.

• Like 4

Beadle    -    4    Very shaky display

Iorfa    -    5    Not quite as awful as the rest of the defence.

Ihiekwe    -    4    Got bullied.

Bernard    -    3    Really poor , afraid I don`t see what a lot on here do.

Johnson    -    2    All day he had the air of a stroppy teenager who had seen his x box taken off him , abject display.

Bannan    -    3    As poor as I have ever seen him.

Vaulks    -    6    Better than most.

Gassama     -    4    Ineffective

Poveda    -    7    Not too far fetched to say our season could well depend on how bad his hamstring is.

Musaba    -    3    Really starting to annoy me how easily he just spaffs away possession.

Ugbo     -    5    Barely saw the ball

Valentin    -    5    

I assume we brought on M. Diaby , Smith and Wilkes just to show DC we have cr@p in depth.

Awful day , wasn`t expecting much but the manner of that defeat was very worrying....does DR take some blame ?...well , yes that`s at least one too many times we have set up that way with the same outcome.....strangely we set up more compact against Leeds at home than Ipswich away.

Swansea game is absolutely huge , as we need to shake this horror show off very quickly.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Well that was a shocker. Abysmal performance and one that hopefully doesn’t damage our fragile confidence.

Beadle 4 pretty poor performance. Dawson Esq on the fifth. He’s ok but we need better next season 

Iorfa 4 really struggled against Davis who I think is the best left back in the division. One good run to set up Ugbo.

Ihiekwe 3 cannot play in a back four. Awful

Bernard 3 when the going gets tough he goes into his shell.

Johnson 2 probably his worst performance of the season. Looked like he thought he’d actually signed for Ipswich in January 

Bannan 3 did absolutely nothing 

Vaulks 5 one of the few to keep going

Poveda 5 lovely dribbler but gave the ball away cheaply a number of times. Could be curtains for us if he has a big injury 

Gassama 3 been poor for the last few games now 

Musaba 5.5 never gave up and a few bursting runs. 
Ugbo 3 non existent 

M. Diaby 2 he’s sooooo poor

Valentin 5 brighter than some

Smith 4 poor but held the ball better than Ugbo….twice! Still not good enough mind

Wilks 2 I don’t want see him again this season. Awful player. How could he not get that headed on target?

Röhl 2 Danny Danny Danny….what were you thinking with that formation? I just don’t understand him at times!

A special mention for Omari Hutchinson who I thought was absolutely outstanding. He will go on to play for England in my opinion. Also, Luongo showed what a massive loss he is to us. He ran the midfield.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, zorbatheowl said:

Seriously how are people voting for Beadle today . He had more slips than James Anderson.

I did, more taking the mick for conceding 6, cos I know if that was Dawson, he would have got absolutely ripped on here by certain members, who would come on with their stills, to show he was at fault for all 6 goals lol

• Haha 1

Turned it off after the third went in, so disregard these from the big tracker @Emerson Thome although I feel the narrative still fits.

3 - Johnson

4 - Bannan, Beadle

6 - Vaulks, Poveda

5 - Everyone else

Another reality check for Röhl of how difficult this division can be. Tactics & lineup completely wrong, why have we stopped the 532 away from home? Not enough support in the middle and the back 4 (2) were getting pulled apart as Iorfa/Johnson tried to push up. We aren’t good enough to go stride for stride against top attacking teams in this division, the big gamble didn’t pay off yesterday.

Hard to point fingers at players when I think collectively nobody was going to play well with the lineup especially after going 3 down. But Johnson consistently lost the ball and clearly teams target his area defensively. Bannan was especially poor, another culprit of loosing the ball in a bad area which led to a goal & desperately couldn’t make a tackle.

1 or 2 would have been fine, I didn’t expect any points but I worry how conceding 6 and getting torn apart for 90 minutes can impact the players confidence at this stage in the season. Another big task for Röhl to pick them up & rediscover our fine form after this international break.  

• Like 3