Where is the Club Statement?

If he is not dismissed today it is because Chansiri is short of cash.

I will be honest when folks said he was skint I did not believe it. However the high prices of tickets and merchandise, the various multi year season ticket offers. The Moore fiasco around wages (chansiri was right here it was about money he did not want to pay him a reasonable wage for job).  All designed to increase revenue. Then a manager who had red flags waving all around him was obviously recruited on cheap. Then bargain basement recruitment of players. It all points to Chansiri wanting cash in and not much going out. Short term deals for players and staff it all adds up to club being run at a bargain basement level and supporters being squeezed for every last penny.

Hence I think sticking point is getting rid will cost him and that is problem.

With him not listening to offers for club it is strange. All other information available suggests he would be looking for investment which I think one group thought after negotiating with him and tested water. It is almost certain sale of tickets and merchandise will decline and this will no doubt cause him further woe.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lukeyswfc said:

He won’t sack him, as he’ll have to admit he’s made a mistake and he won’t do that.

This will drag on till closer to Christmas even if we have played 20 lost 17 won 0

Convinced this is the year he sticks us in and walks

It's true that sacking him will be tantamount to admitting he's made a mistake. I don't think it'll drag on until Christmas though. At the end of the day he's a businessman (of sorts) and those instincts will kick in and supersede the difficulty of him losing face. It's a very hard period for him though.

My issue is that sometimes he gets the appointments right - Carvahal, Bruce & Moore (not his fault Bruce left); but more often than not the appointments have turned out poor (Monk, Lukuhay, Pulis, Xisco). What he needs is an experienced head to run the club for him. Started watching Welcome to Wrexham last night and was struck how one of their first changes was to appoint Shaun Harvey as advisor to the Board. Harvey's cv includes chief executive of Leeds United & chief executive of the EFL. An appointment like that would be the best step forward we could make imho. I'd be more confident off the back of that that we'd replace Xisco with a more suitable manager for the predicament we're in.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mamalute said:

I will be honest when folks said he was skint I did not believe it. However the high prices of tickets and merchandise, the various multi year season ticket offers. The Moore fiasco around wages (chansiri was right here it was about money he did not want to pay him a reasonable wage for job).  All designed to increase revenue. Then a manager who had red flags waving all around him was obviously recruited on cheap. Then bargain basement recruitment of players. It all points to Chansiri wanting cash in and not much going out. Short term deals for players and staff it all adds up to club being run at a bargain basement level and supporters being squeezed for every last penny.

With him not listening to offers for club it is strange. All other information available suggests he would be looking for investment which I think one group thought after negotiating with him and tested water. It is almost certain sale of tickets and merchandise will decline and this will no doubt cause him further woe.

He should be giving his fcukin salary back to the club/fans....  the guys totally out of his depth

7 minutes ago, Mamalute said:

You don't run a football club like this if funds aren't a problem......it's been quite clear for two/maybe three seasons the cash has dried up.,.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HopefulOwl said:

He should be giving his fcukin salary back to the club/fans....  the guys totally out of his depth

The manager being the manager of the club managing our team is not the managers fault

It's like employing a three year old to run a meat slicing machine

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

It's true that sacking him will be tantamount to admitting he's made a mistake. I don't think it'll drag on until Christmas though. At the end of the day he's a businessman (of sorts) and those instincts will kick in and supersede the difficulty of him losing face. It's a very hard period for him though.

My issue is that sometimes he gets the appointments right - Carvahal, Bruce & Moore (not his fault Bruce left); but more often than not the appointments have turned out poor (Monk, Lukuhay, Pulis, Xisco). What he needs is an experienced head to run the club for him. Started watching Welcome to Wrexham last night and was struck how one of their first changes was to appoint Shaun Harvey as advisor to the Board. Harvey's cv includes chief executive of Leeds United & chief executive of the EFL. An appointment like that would be the best step forward we could make imho. I'd be more confident off the back of that that we'd replace Xisco with a more suitable manager for the predicament we're in.

He had such advisors at the start, then binned them off after 6 months thinking he knew better.

His issue will always be his ego. He thinks it’s easy and him and Paxo will be the best.

I think we’ve gone past ever hoping he gets it right. We just pray now that we stay up and he sells up.

• Like 5

DC's gone home, he's not due back until December I've heard so I've got a feeling Xisco has time to turn this around.

Or he's waiting until 1am on Thursday to put the statement out in typical DC fashion.

If he does sack him, he needs an instant replacement lined up. We can't be waiting 4+ weeks again to get somebody in the place.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

Started watching Welcome to Wrexham last night and was struck how one of their first changes was to appoint Shaun Harvey as advisor to the Board. Harvey's cv includes chief executive of Leeds United & chief executive of the EFL.

But...you have to have owners who are willing to admit they know nothing about football and appoint the best man possible

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

But...you have to have owners who are willing to admit they know nothing about football and appoint the best man possible

It's a sad state of affairs when we can be confident to say Wrexham will be in the top division before we get back there.   

Last season i was telling my work colleagues that Wrexham will be above us in the next 2 seasons, they laughed as we were top two in league one at the time and Wrexham were in non league.   I still feel confident.  

If only we had owners who employed people who knew what they were doing.  

• Like 3

We all know DC is clueless. I suspect this will stumble along until Oct/Nov then he will be asking for money again and he will get rid.

but he wont have a manager ready to come in like a competent chairman would no, we will then have 4 or 5 weeks of trying to do it on the cheap with Thompson in charge, we have seen it so many times before. You hope he learns from his mistakes, but each and every time he makes the same mistakes.

We have 3 games to the next international break, we could bring in a new man giving him time to work with the team. We will be adrift and all but relegated by the time DC pulls his head out of his ...., And gets rid.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

It's a sad state of affairs when we can be confident to say Wrexham will be in the top division before we get back there.   

Last season i was telling my work colleagues that Wrexham will be above us in the next 2 seasons, they laughed as we were top two in league one at the time and Wrexham were in non league.   I still feel confident.  

If only we had owners who employed people who knew what they were doing.  

If only our Owner knew what he was doing!