Where is the Club Statement?

30 minutes ago, camffiti said:

When is the next international break? 

Shouldn't take long to make an appointment this time ... Only Y & Z remain in the Paxos filofax 

So it down to either Steve Yates ( last job coaching/kit man for Bristol Rovers )

retired in 2016 and returned to Crete. - Very Cheap Option

OR....................................

Zinedine Zadan ??????   - Not so cheap.

Hmmmmmmmm..................

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

He had such advisors at the start, then binned them off after 6 months thinking he knew better.

His issue will always be his ego. He thinks it’s easy and him and Paxo will be the best.

I think we’ve gone past ever hoping he gets it right. We just pray now that we stay up and he sells up.

Totally agree, but it might be less of a climbdown to appoint an advisor than sack the manager at the moment. Then, if the manager gets sacked, it's not 'on' him.

7 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

If only we had owners who employed people who knew what they were doing.  

It's not rocket science though is it...ANY businessman who owns a company gets the best staff he could possibly afford and delegates them to run the  day to day operation of the business they don't micro-manage them from a position of ignorance 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The manager being the manager of the club managing our team is not the managers fault

It's like employing a three year old to run a meat slicing machine

True but it is his fault that he hasn't a clue what he's doing. Said many times before, he should have taken what was good from last season and build on it slowly without totally dismantling what we had.....  and maybe play players in their natural positions in a system they are familiar with.

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

What will hurt the chairman will be he will have to pay off the contracts of xisco and his coaches , then spend even more money on his replacements.  I can guarantee that will leave him much more out of pocket than if he agreed to moores pay request.  

In every single way including financially he and we are worse off.  

Yep. 

lol

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The chairman will be the major factor in this not the manager

You think the chairman is responsible for-

1- Playing Gregory out of position?

2- Not playing James who is mainly left footed when we are crying out for a left footed outlay?

3- Not playing Byers when he is arguably our best player?

Xisco has to take some responsibility for the above....  unless you are saying DC picks the team in which case wow....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HopefulOwl said:

2- Not playing James who is mainly left footed when we are crying out for a left footed outlay?

Xisco has to take some responsibility for the above....  unless you are saying DC picks the team in which case wow....

You totally misunderstood my post 

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You totally misunderstood my post 

I know what you are saying...  ultimately DC is the decision maker and he brought him in...  i get that. My issue with Xisco is he quite clearly didn't do his homework when he was offered the job.

27 minutes ago, HopefulOwl said:

I know what you are saying...  ultimately DC is the decision maker and he brought him in...  i get that. My issue with Xisco is he quite clearly didn't do his homework when he was offered the job.

I was referring more to the players we have brought in

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, HopefulOwl said:

We finished the last season we were in this league in the exact same position we are in now despite having 4 different managers that season.

Monk

Thompson

Pulis  

Moore 

now Xisco has us bottom of the league.  And I am willing to bet the next mug in the hot seat will do too 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

We finished the last season we were in this league in the exact same position we are in now despite having 4 different managers that season.

Monk

Thompson

Pulis  

Moore 

now Xisco has us bottom of the league.  And I am willing to bet the next mug in the hot seat will do too 

You're forgetting the points deduction....