Harry Kane

Reports emerging now that Kane is leaning more to staying,

If he does that then it shows he cares more about stats than trophies.

Hes not even the top flight record scorer it’ll just be the prem which will then be beaten, probably by Halaand.

Staying at spurs to play league football only over signing for a side who will be going for the champs league. Odd.

1 minute ago, lukeyswfc said:

Reports emerging now that Kane is leaning more to staying,

If he does that then it shows he cares more about stats than trophies.

Hes not even the top flight record scorer it’ll just be the prem which will then be beaten, probably by Halaand.

Staying at spurs to play league football only over signing for a side who will be going for the champs league. Odd.

I think basically we argue he's been too nice and too loyal....and yes maybe too unambitious. 

In my opinion his scoring record last year for a poor Spurs team made his season much more impressive than Haalands. Kane has had some some dodgy tournaments for England,  but he is an outstanding club player and could have played for any team in Europe following the 2018 World Cup, let alone after the last two seasons. 

He needs to move now, I doubt he'll get a better offer next season despite him leaving on a free. 

13 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

He only has to stay from one more season and then he has his pick of clubs. He wont be limited to Bayern

Wouldn't surprise me if he stays and joins Mbappe at Madrid next summer

Be surprised if he leaves on a free.

Hes had many chances to do that and kept signing new contracts.

He won’t do spurs over. Fees like he either joins Bayern this window or retires at Spurs and verge likely without a medal but will hold the record for most goals scored in the top flight since 1992… for a decade or 2.

He really needs to go to Bayern now,  Spurs haven't made the progression it looked like they were going to make a couple of years ago.  

He doesn't want to be another Shearer,  pretending to the Newcastle fans that he doesn't regret leaving to win things. 

I expect Kane would have the chance to return to Spurs in a couple of seasons anyway, like Bale did.  

2 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

He really needs to go to Bayern now,  Spurs haven't made the progression it looked like they were going to make a couple of years ago.  

He doesn't want to be another Shearer,  pretending to the Newcastle fans that he doesn't regret leaving to win things. 

I expect Kane would have the chance to return to Spurs in a couple of seasons anyway, like Bale did.  

this Shearer (people on about the record) thing is a load of rubbish anyway- Jimmy Greaves is the true record, maybe he's a purist 

Edited by Ellis Rimmer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Hope he goes - I think it will be a massive shame if he stays. 

If he doesn't go is he running down his contract? see how the Middle East league goes?

I would expect a mega new contract from Spurs in that case, which is on the table. 

If Levy pulls that off then he is the greatest football negotiator ever IMO

6 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

If he moves to Bayern it’ll be seen as him becoming a flat track bully though. People will always criticise 

Nobody can accuse him of being a flat track bully when he's spent all his career at an unsuccessful club while rattling in an incredible amount of goals

• Like 2