Harry Kane

1 minute ago, scram said:

Nobody can accuse him of being a flat track bully when he's spent all his career at an unsuccessful club while rattling in an incredible amount of goals

Correct. To be clear, I don’t see an issue with him going to Bayern, it was more a comment on how people will criticise whatever he (or other high profile players) does.

Let's be honest, becoming the PL all time record goalscorer and overtaking Shearer in the process is a bigger achievement than winning the Bundesliga. They win it every single season almost without fail

I feel sorry for Kane as he's  clearly happy at Spurs and wants to stay but feels pressured into leaving as people are constantly banging on about him not winning trophies  

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Let's be honest, becoming the PL all time record goalscorer and overtaking Shearer in the process is a bigger achievement than winning the Bundesliga. They win it every single season almost without fail

I feel sorry for Kane as he's  clearly happy at Spurs and wants to stay but feels pressured into leaving as people are constantly banging on about him not winning trophies  

Why is being the top scorer since 1992 bigger than actually winning something? He could win a champions league with Munich, it’s not just domestic stuff

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Why is being the top scorer since 1992 bigger than actually winning something? He could win a champions league with Munich, it’s not just domestic stuff

What is this obsession with winning trophies? 

He's clearly happy at Spurs and his family are settled in London which seemingly is more important to him than collecting a trophy

33 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

What is this obsession with winning trophies? 

He's clearly happy at Spurs and his family are settled in London which seemingly is more important to him than collecting a trophy

Winning trophies n competitions is why football exists. Why wouldn’t a world class footballer want to win trophies?? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

He still needs to match Shearer’s actual top division scoring record, not just the Sky invented PL total. 

I might be misunderstanding, but I didn't think Shearer had the top-flight scoring record. I thought it was Jimmy Greaves.

He wants to play Champions League Football this season, it’s not about the trophies.

Wherever he goes he will win trophies so he doesn’t need to go to the Bundesliga to get that. 

As Spurs will not sell him to a PL club and will also not let him leave for free, Bayern is the perfect option all round

29 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

I might be misunderstanding, but I didn't think Shearer had the top-flight scoring record. I thought it was Jimmy Greaves.

Think he meant that in most of the stats you see it just shows Shearer's post 1992 Premier League goals, and disregards the other 20+ he scored in the old Division One