Harry Kane

I think he needs to go somewhere and win something.

Bayern is a decent option because not only will they win their league if they recruit well, and they usually do, then they can have a good tilt at the champions league. 

• Like 5

He deserves to win something but I get the impression that his main objective is to beat Shearer's PL goalscoring record 

If he did sign for Bayern he'd run riot with the amount of chances they create 

14 hours ago, scram said:

I think he needs to go somewhere and win something.

Bayern is a decent option because not only will they win their league if they recruit well, and they usually do, then they can have a good tilt at the champions league. 

I think that's 90% of his motivation.

He's never won a thing with Spurs and is in all probability never going to. And he's probably only got a few more seasons left as a top level player. His remaining time to actually achieve anything is running out.

He has made it clear he wants the move and that he doesn't intend to sign a new contract with Spurs. So they can either let him go for a half-decent fee now, or lose him for nothing at the end of the season.

Purely IMO they should accept the reality of the situation and cash in. 

I don’t believe you need to win a trophy to be considered a great player.

Plenty of average footballers have medals.

But I don’t see the point in him staying just to beat Shearer’s record as this will likely be beaten again in his lifetime. It’s all Shearer has to talk about and it’s not even the all time record for the top flight. He’s down in 5th since football existed before 1992.

He should however go to experience winning, being at an elite club and having something to talk about into his later life other than “I was once the prem all time top scorer”. Only the weird fans will say the Bundesliga doesn’t count since Bayern dominate, in which case we can say the same about the prem now City win it every year.

No doubt he will stay though and likely regret it when Haaland breaks his record in 10 years time with multiple trophies and memories.

10 hours ago, lukeyswfc said:

I don’t believe you need to win a trophy to be considered a great player.

Plenty of average footballers have medals.

But I don’t see the point in him staying just to beat Shearer’s record as this will likely be beaten again in his lifetime. It’s all Shearer has to talk about and it’s not even the all time record for the top flight. He’s down in 5th since football existed before 1992.

He should however go to experience winning, being at an elite club and having something to talk about into his later life other than “I was once the prem all time top scorer”. Only the weird fans will say the Bundesliga doesn’t count since Bayern dominate, in which case we can say the same about the prem now City win it every year.

No doubt he will stay though and likely regret it when Haaland breaks his record in 10 years time with multiple trophies and memories.

It’s not all Shearer has to talk about though 

I don’t think he will move.  Joe Lewis is in the brown stuff with his insider trading charges and is getting very old now- I suspect he will sell spurs in the next year or so.  It is a club that will attract a lot of interest given its stadium, London base and heritage. We could see big changes there and them getting the money to compete again at the top table.

Really don’t understand the fascination with trying to beat Shearers record, when all is said and done, it’s just a stat. A stat that only stands until the next player beats it. Trophies and medals, however, can’t be taken away. 

Breaking the record should be coincidental, winning trophies should be the aim of a top player

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

I don’t think he will move.  Joe Lewis is in the brown stuff with his insider trading charges and is getting very old now- I suspect he will sell spurs in the next year or so.  It is a club that will attract a lot of interest given its stadium, London base and heritage. We could see big changes there and them getting the money to compete again at the top table.

Lewis put the club into a family trust so he’s not solely responsible for it. Probably knew the charges were coming when he did it. 
I wish HK would leave if only to prove Spuds are a one-man team. 

Most overhyped PL club in its 30+ years. 

• Like 1

On 06/08/2023 at 13:33, markg said:

Nailed on that he will stay at Spurs 

Which would be really boring - yet leaves him to explore more options after that 

Spurs will lose £100m if he goes for free, however they’d be expected to buy an inflated price replacement - who won’t be anywhere near as good 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Which would be really boring - yet leaves him to explore more options after that 

Spurs will lose £100m if he goes for free, however they’d be expected to buy an inflated price replacement - who won’t be anywhere near as good 

Totally agree.

I'd love to see him playing abroad, but I just can't imagine it. I can see him staying at Spurs and then going to somewhere like Man U or Liverpool

Sounds like Spurs have accepted an offer, and it's now down to Kane. 

Hi last act of generosity to Spurs  - bearing in mind he owes them nothing -  would be to accept this move as soon as possible, so Spurs can try and go about buying a decent striker. Not sure where they are going to get one from though. 

This will be an excellent move for Kane, and he's nailed on to win trophies there. They will get at least four good years out of him at Bayern if they want him for that long. 

This could also trigger Son leaving , and Postecoglu may have a struggling on his hands to keep Spurs in the top seven if that happens.  

26 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Sounds like Spurs have accepted an offer, and it's now down to Kane. 

Hi last act of generosity to Spurs  - bearing in mind he owes them nothing -  would be to accept this move as soon as possible, so Spurs can try and go about buying a decent striker. Not sure where they are going to get one from though. 

This will be an excellent move for Kane, and he's nailed on to win trophies there. They will get at least four good years out of him at Bayern if they want him for that long. 

This could also trigger Son leaving , and Postecoglu may have a struggling on his hands to keep Spurs in the top seven if that happens.  

Kane is the one who wants the move.

Bayern wanted him for a long time but never expected he would want to join, they always assumed he would ultimately stay in the PL

But suddenly Kan’s people let them know he desperately wants to play Champions League and at his age didn’t want to waste a year, so he agreed to move to Bayern if they could sort it out with Spurs.

His wife was house hunting in Munich area already at the end of July (check my post in PL thread) and then report in the Express 2 days ago below.

5445C7A0-2A2C-46F5-A826-6C2D452AACBC.jpeg