Harry Kane

10 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Let's be honest, becoming the PL all time record goalscorer and overtaking Shearer in the process is a bigger achievement than winning the Bundesliga. They win it every single season almost without fail

I feel sorry for Kane as he's  clearly happy at Spurs and wants to stay but feels pressured into leaving as people are constantly banging on about him not winning trophies  

But in a few years' time, someone will come along an break the record, then he'll have nowt 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Think he meant that in most of the stats you see it just shows Shearer's post 1992 Premier League goals, and disregards the other 20+ he scored in the old Division One

I understand that...but then it's not much of a record because Shearer's only fifth in the table anyway if you're counting all top-flight goals. All it becomes is a 'better than Shearer' record, rather than actually being top of the list.

• Like 1

As been stated a million times before, football didn't exist before 1992.

Back to Kane, a lot of my family are Spurs fans. Not one of them begrudge him going, obviously they would rather he stay, but he has given them all of his career, scored shed loads of goals in what is essentially a very under performing team.

3 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

What is this obsession with winning trophies? 

He's clearly happy at Spurs and his family are settled in London which seemingly is more important to him than collecting a trophy

I think it’s just the point of the game. If you told me SWFC will never win a trophy I would lose interest because although it seems unlikely I have a small hope something good will happen. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, markg said:

He'll stay. No way he'll go there.

He's having the medical......

Harry Kane: Tottenham and England striker to have medical at Bayern Munich

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Wherever he goes he will win trophies so he doesn’t need to go to the Bundesliga to get that. 

And yet he's not won a single trophy in his entire career.

1 hour ago, thesouthowl said:

Back to Kane, a lot of my family are Spurs fans. Not one of them begrudge him going, obviously they would rather he stay, but he has given them all of his career, scored shed loads of goals in what is essentially a very under performing team.

Got to be worrying though, losing someone that basically equals guaranteed goals

Don’t know where they go from here. 

Hope they’ve got some form of replacement signed up. 

Does the stadium cost need Champions League money etc ? 

Big loss for the Premier League. I get Bayern are a massive club, but it's the least competitive top league in Europe (ok, it was a close run last season - only because Munich were awful) and the Bundesliga title isn't a great deal more appealing than the league Celtic win every year.

That said, only Man Utd and Chelsea were possible destinations in England (if Levy would even have sold to Premier League clubs) and they're probably not going to be winning the major trophies for a while yet. Madrid is only route in La Liga, and they're clearly waiting for Mbappe next summer.

Bad timing really for Harry - his big move was City last summer when Spurs blocked it, and obviously they don't need him now.

2 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Big loss for the Premier League. I get Bayern are a massive club, but it's the least competitive top league in Europe (ok, it was a close run last season - only because Munich were awful) and the Bundesliga title isn't a great deal more appealing than the league Celtic win every year.

That said, only Man Utd and Chelsea were possible destinations in England (if Levy would even have sold to Premier League clubs) and they're probably not going to be winning the major trophies for a while yet. Madrid is only route in La Liga, and they're clearly waiting for Mbappe next summer.

Bad timing really for Harry - his big move was City last summer when Spurs blocked it, and obviously they don't need him now.

Yes, he is a big loss to the Premier League in fairness, but as an England fan, it should help us.

After France and maybe Argentina, we’re probably the best team in the world at the mo. We’ve got a fantastic chance of winning something but fine margins matter in tournaments. I’d rather our captain and talisman is used to winning going into those crunch games in the latter stages than being a bridesmaid.

The Bundesliga isn’t what it was, but Bayern can win the Champions League.

• Like 1