New signings

A long long season of struggle ahead. I’m usually glass half full, but the squad desperately needs bodies and some more quality. Can’t see any signings happening while we’re away. As much as we dominated most of the league last season, the championship is a different beast altogether, really concerned about the age of our squad.

• Like 5

I'm struggling to stay optimistic here. 

I cannot believe we haven't signed at least one new player since we signed James. What the hell are we doing? While every other team around us builds, with most squads at 20+ players. We are in limbo. 

This coming week, we need 3-4 players in the door. Does anyone see that happening? 

• Like 4

This time in 3 weeks we will have played our first half of the new season.

how do you think we will have done, playing league one standard players against former premier league players. Will Byers, Wilks, Palmer even be in the match day squad, will any key players such as Windass, Bannan, Dawson, Gregory made it through the next 3 weeks without picking up knocks or worse, with such a thin squad the are going to be playing a lot of minutes before 4th August.

How many kids with no league minutes will be in the match day 20 (as next season its 9 subs).

• Like 3

Not worried at all , the longer it continues the more likely it is that we are in severe financial trouble , and IF that is the case the sooner Chansiri is out of the club and this particular Circus ends. 

Relegation would hopefully see and end to this madness one way or another, either he sells up or Administration is on the cards , I personally don’t believe he has the funds to continue as we are. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

It was 4 times more than Dejphon wanted to pay.

It all makes sense now, Moore asked for the pay rise after being told how it was going to be this season….Boom!

• Like 1

There was a lot of pressure on us last year to get promoted. If we didn’t, I feared;

1.) We’d have a new manager search

2.) We’d struggle to add any quality to a depleted and ageing squad - certainly not early - and at best end up with a late, aimless and insufficient patch up job going into the season

3.) The focus would return to the Chairman and the clubs financial plight with a renewed worry about the clubs future and the prospect of administration/financial ruin.

We got promoted and got all that anyway.

“Worried” feels like it doesn’t quite cover it. I think we’re 2-3 years away from being the next big EFL disaster and that’s put worrying about individual signings this summer into a context that’s a bit weird to process.

• Like 9