Rotherham forum

20 hours ago, The coach said:

Whats wrong with 'hoofball'? I liked meggos style..gerrit in mixer asap..win games..are you another one whos been brainwashed by baldiolas tippy tappy nonsense? I cant stand big lump it type centre halfs tryin to be maldini..cus its in fashion..hopefully the 2 row z merchants we have signed at the back will put an end to moore tryin to copy pep 😬

Nope. No football snobbery here. I enjoyed Megsons time. More than any manager since TBF. Just think that the Ginger Mourinho had a plan to play direct. With Moore it’s a more patient build up which won’t suit Smith. Let’s see

2 hours ago, AlanLee said:

Anyone over the age of 30 as usual 😉

If you sign Purrington that really will start to look like a Rotherham Retired Xl

Stockdale

Purrington

Ihekwe

Hunt

Vaulks

Smith.... 

Maybe Richard Wood would come back when he hits 40 for 12k a week

You only had Hunt on loan and that was ages ago. 

It's Rotherham who usually sign our rejects that are nearing end of their careers. 

Going back some years with some of these now......

Jimmy Mullen 

Imre Varadi 

John Pearson

Roger Wylde 

Tommy Tynan 

Nigel Jemson

Chris Maguire 

Joe Mattock

Probably many more I've forgot about. 

10 minutes ago, bradowl said:

It's Rotherham who usually sign our rejects that are nearing end of their careers. 

Jimmy Mullen 

Imre Varadi 

John Pearson

Roger Wylde 

Tommy Tynan 

Nigel Jemson

Chris Maguire 

Joe Mattock

Richard Wood, Lewis Buxton 

• Thanks 1

Rotherhams basic problem is that even getting promoted their gates are pretty much mid table L1 and the chairman doesn’t want to make up the difference in wages.

Its not us that's Rotherham's problem, its the tinpot L1 fanbase.

Rotherham are just 6 miles away and far too often over the last 50 years we have been in the same division. Off course they're local rivals and we should stop being so precious about it.

Not in the same league as the cross city rivalry obviously, but rivals nonetheless and the same can be said for Barnsley too.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

Rotherham are just 6 miles away and far too often over the last 50 years we have been in the same division. Off course they're local rivals and we should stop being so precious about it.

Not in the same league as the cross city rivalry obviously, but rivals nonetheless and the same can be said for Barnsley too.

This doesn't involve foreigners, go chuck an egg

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Jimmy Mullen 

Imre Varadi 

John Pearson

Roger Wylde 

Tommy Tynan 

Nigel Jemson

Chris Maguire 

Joe Mattock

42 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Richard Wood, Lewis Buxton 

Johnny Quinn

6 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

It’s my opinion based on the last 18 months but thanks for your input. Last season I would say more than half the managers in this league were tactically better than Moore.

Fair enough it is your opinion, but if more than half the managers in this league were tactically better than DM, why did more than half the teams finish below us?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, moyaowl said:

Fair enough it is your opinion, but if more than half the managers in this league were tactically better than DM, why did more than half the teams finish below us?

It could be that we had a far better squad of players and that other managers may have made better use of them.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

This doesn't involve foreigners, go chuck an egg

For someone raised in Sheffield anyone from Rotherham is a bloody foreigner! lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlanLee said:

Anyone over the age of 30 as usual 😉

If you sign Purrington that really will start to look like a Rotherham Retired Xl

Stockdale

Purrington

Ihekwe

Hunt

Vaulks

Smith.... 

Maybe Richard Wood would come back when he hits 40 for 12k a week

Went to one of those evening do’s at New York stadium a while back, and Richard Wood was on the panel of guests. Full of Roth fans abviously. When asked his greatest achievement of his career…

… getting promoted with Wednesday in ‘05

😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

I'm probably older than most of you on here and I remember having a good relationship with the Millers, as has been put on here a lot of owls players have gone to Rotherham because it was a good club to go to, I am a realist and its a fact that Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster and Sheffield United are our rivals, if some of you don't want to accept that that's fine, it's also arrogant that you refuse to accept it, our history will always be better than any of the above clubs and better than most in the Premier league, that can never be taken away but some of you can't accept that smaller teams can be better than us at this time, look at the Sunderland thread, fans on here have been up their arse because they are also a big club, well fk em I say, I am Yorkshire born and bred. The owls are bigger than Sunderland anyway historically, we are just going through a bad 25 or so year bad patch, but we will rise again, we can't blame Rotherham fans for rubbing it in we've rubbed it in for them for donkeys years, let's be more gracious, I know they came with buckets and I put money in, but I also saw wednesday fans spitting and abusing them, and some of them were pensioners with the buckets, very big and brave that, don't forget we had a save our owls also, no buckets but we were also in trouble, I know some Rotherham fans hate us but every local team has fans that will because we are the biggest and best local club  we're here to be shot at but it's the way some of us react that I find stupid, just live and let live and have some banter ffs.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

17 minutes ago, ruscol85 said:

Went to one of those evening do’s at New York stadium a while back, and Richard Wood was on the panel of guests. Full of Roth fans abviously. When asked his greatest achievement of his career…

… getting promoted with Wednesday in ‘05

😂😂😂

He now says it was winning at Wembley and scoring both goals

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Jimmy Mullen 

Imre Varadi 

John Pearson

Roger Wylde 

Tommy Tynan 

Nigel Jemson

Chris Maguire 

Joe Mattock

Going back a bit further the 3 Scottish lads.

Jim, Mac & Ernie. 

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

It could be that we had a far better squad of players and that other managers may have made better use of them.

Says who?

If we had a far better squad, why have we just bought 5 new players in? Many of them from other clubs in that same league.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mighty Quinn said:

I'm probably older than most of you on here and I remember having a good relationship with the Millers, as has been put on here a lot of owls players have gone to Rotherham because it was a good club to go to, I am a realist and its a fact that Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster and Sheffield United are our rivals, if some of you don't want to accept that that's fine, it's also arrogant that you refuse to accept it, our history will always be better than any of the above clubs and better than most in the Premier league, that can never be taken away but some of you can't accept that smaller teams can be better than us at this time, look at the Sunderland thread, fans on here have been up their arse because they are also a big club, well fk em I say, I am Yorkshire born and bred. The owls are bigger than Sunderland anyway historically, we are just going through a bad 25 or so year bad patch, but we will rise again, we can't blame Rotherham fans for rubbing it in we've rubbed it in for them for donkeys years, let's be more gracious, I know they came with buckets and I put money in, but I also saw wednesday fans spitting and abusing them, and some of them were pensioners with the buckets, very big and brave that, don't forget we had a save our owls also, no buckets but we were also in trouble, I know some Rotherham fans hate us but every local team has fans that will because we are the biggest and best local club  we're here to be shot at but it's the way some of us react that I find stupid, just live and let live and have some banter ffs.

Just a load of straw man arguments 

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
51 minutes ago, moyaowl said:

Because we had the better squad obviously. Was that a serious question? It’s not formula 2.