Rotherham forum

14 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

This is exactly my opinion on them too. They aren't our rivals and never will be. They mean zero to me as a team. When we lost at home to them last season, it was like losing to an Ipswich, Gillingham or Morecambe - to pick 3 random meaningless teams.

I was born in Rotherham, and both my brother and step-father played for them. My dad, Aunty and Uncle support them, but they still mean squat to me. They all try and wind me up, but I just don't bite because I've nothing to bite at. I'm just like "Meh! Rotherham. Whatevs".

What an absolute crockofshite

'my dad, aunty and uncle support them' 

'I was born in Rotherham' 

'my brother played for Rotherham' 

But playing Rotherham means the same as playing Morecambe? 

Are you high? 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Most Wednesday fans could tell you loads about united their history etc the famous players.  Most Wednesday fans couldn't tell you more than the bascis about rotherham.  They just don't register as a club, most do find them annoying that they are trying to make out they have a meaningful rivalry with us, historically their rivalry was with Doncaster.  Strange club. 

What I find humerous with you Rotherham Wednesday 'fans' is you're all stressing how much you aren't bothered by 'Rovrum' and how we are no different to Morecambe, Gillingham blah blah blah. 

Yet here you are on day 4 of a 7 page thread about Rotherham! WTF is all that about? 

There's always threads about us but from what I've seen on Millersmad and Facebook, Wednesday hardly get a mention unless we are playing them. 

I've checked and I can't find any thread on Morecambe or Gillingham....

7 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

I fully understand the meaning of the word. I was born in this country so failing English in school was unpossible.

As for your definition, any team we play are opponents, not rivals. Rotherham want to be us, but never can be. Therefore they cannot compete with us, which is essentially what a rival is. To them, we are the bigger, more historic club. To us, they are just a local team. It really does end there.

Are my eyes deceiving me? Did you just say Rotherham 'cannot compete with us'? As in, wages or because we are a division above Wednesday? 

Guest Jack the Hat
23 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

Are you high? 

Playing Rotherham means the same as playing Morecambe? Yes it does. I don’t care at all about Rotherham , chesterfield and barnsley . Sorry but it’s true.

5 hours ago, Mighty Quinn said:

No Inspector it's teams of the same locality, but hey  we both live in Rotherham and I don't know if you were born here but at the end of the day I like Rotherham or I wouldn't live here, I know I'm going to get some stick about who I watch but I expect that because I live in Rotherham who have a football team so obviously I will and I don't blame them, if I lived in Sheffield and supported Rotherham I would expect stick, it's not rocket science I just think live and let live, my mates give me stick but nothing serious because at the end of the day it's just football we are a big club and have a great history but we can't expect to live on history we have to make some new history where we rise again but let's not forget we have done nothing for 25 years ffs

Thank god for an informed sensible Rotherham Owl. You're the only one who's said he likes living in Rotherham in all the years I've come on here. The rest of em who slag off our town really baffle me.

If Rotherham is that bad why would you not just move to somewhere better? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Playing Rotherham means the same as playing Morecambe? Yes it does. I don’t care at all about Rotherham , chesterfield and barnsley . Sorry but it’s true.

If you were from Rotherham 

Your brother used to play for Rotherham 

Your dad supports Rotherham 

You live in Rotherham.... you would feel no different if Wednesday played Morecambe or Rotherham? 

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
19 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

If you were from Rotherham 

Your brother used to play for Rotherham 

Your dad supports Rotherham 

You live in Rotherham.... you would feel no different if Wednesday played Morecambe or Rotherham? 

I’m not , I don’t have a brother , my dad didn’t and I don’t , plus I love Eric morecome  . 

1 hour ago, AlanLee said:

Thank god for an informed sensible Rotherham Owl. You're the only one who's said he likes living in Rotherham in all the years I've come on here. The rest of em who slag off our town really baffle me.

If Rotherham is that bad why would you not just move to somewhere better? 

Perhaps it's all they can afford and they're saving up for somewhere better like Afghanistan or Somalia. 

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, AlanLee said:

What I find humerous with you Rotherham Wednesday 'fans' is you're all stressing how much you aren't bothered by 'Rovrum' and how we are no different to Morecambe, Gillingham blah blah blah. 

Yet here you are on day 4 of a 7 page thread about Rotherham! WTF is all that about? 

There's always threads about us but from what I've seen on Millersmad and Facebook, Wednesday hardly get a mention unless we are playing them. 

It's not about Rotherham its about correcting annoying misconceptions.   Morecambe or Gillingham don't claim that they have a meaningful rivalry with us, Rotherham fans do.   

You're an annoying misconception. 

• Like 3

I went to the Millersmad Forum,  yep,  big meltdown,  funny as hell, @helmut_rooster did in fact get them even more riled up.  

All of a sudden they don't think much of the two Michaels,  talking about "the Massive" (SWFC) down to shopping for 3rd Division "cast-offs",  if any Owlstalkers want some good comedy,  I'd highly recommend a visit to Millersmad.

Talking about how old Smith is, and what do they do?  Sign a replacement who is as old and probably not going to score as many.  They say "Icky" was never any good, but a prolific scorer of own-goals, and gets caught-out all the time.

Anyway, it's some good entertainment.

• Love 1

7 hours ago, AlanLee said:

If we had Morecambe or Gillingham fans having a meltdown on social media about us we'd be having a similar thread. You're nothing special. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Are you high? 

Rotherham mean zero to me. Get over it sonny.

Are my eyes deceiving me? Did you just say Rotherham 'cannot compete with us'? As in, wages or because we are a division above Wednesday? 

On everything. Fans, money, history. You name it.

Form is temporary. Class is permanent.

• Like 4