Rotherham forum

21 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Genuine question (I'm not from the area): Would you wear a Wednesday shirt in another town? Do you only avoid wearing it in Rotherham?

I kind of like seeing Wednesday shirts all over the UK  (and would be excited to see someone in Europe). It's just something, which identifies us as a group and it's so much better than all those plastic Man City and Barcelona shirts everywhere.

I live in Rotherham and wear my owls t-shirt all the time, but it is a grubby little sheeet hole and I don't give a flying frigg if they don't like it, leading up to the transfer I hardly saw a sole in a miller's shirt now there all walking around in them...wawaw 🤣

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hodgyowl said:

I live in Rotherham and wear my owls t-shirt all the time, but it is a grubby little sheeet hole and I don't give a flying frigg if they don't like it, leading up to the transfer I hardly saw a sole in a miller's shirt now there all walking around in them...wawaw 🤣

If it's a grubby little sheet hole why live there..lol

• Love 1

27 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

I fully understand the meaning of the word. I was born in this country so failing English in school was unpossible.

As for your definition, any team we play are opponents, not rivals. Rotherham want to be us, but never can be. Therefore they cannot compete with us, which is essentially what a rival is. To them, we are the bigger, more historic club. To us, they are just a local team. It really does end there.

Rivals opponents same thing 

51 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Genuine question (I'm not from the area): Would you wear a Wednesday shirt in another town? Do you only avoid wearing it in Rotherham?

I kind of like seeing Wednesday shirts all over the UK  (and would be excited to see someone in Europe). It's just something, which identifies us as a group and it's so much better than all those plastic Man City and Barcelona shirts everywhere.

I only wear it on match days, I don't have to let everyone know who I support any other days, why would I 

11 minutes ago, Mighty Quinn said:

I only wear it on match days, I don't have to let everyone know who I support any other days, why would I 

I don't expect everybody to wear their shirt all the time, but it can be a nice conversation starter "your team played well yesterday" or just a smile, while you walk past another owl. 

I only wear my shirt when I am in a chatty mood. If I want a quiet day, I rather wear something neutral.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swfcsi said:

I wear mine when I go shopping to Leeds Rotherham all the time ..

I think anyone over mid 20s looks a d**k wearing a football shirt, especially covered in advertising as they are now. Its a bit more forgiveable actually at a match, but leeds and wakefield seems full of l***s d**ks !

I do wear SW "leisure wear" up here though. You see quite a few owls, but curiously no pigs

• Like 1

I lived in Rotherham for a while thankfully back home now S2.

I hated when we played Rotherham they would always say to me looking forward to the derby game I always gave the same reply….Wednesday only have one derby game and it’s not against you.

They are really a nothing club to us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

History shows that teams playing with a lamppost up front get drawn into playing hoofball. Hope Smith is only used as an impact sub or for nuisance value a la Nuhiu. I thought Toytown were more professional, organised and pragmatic when they beat us at S6 last season but I wouldn’t enjoy watching that every weak. 

That's a tad disrespectful to a new signing who hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet. 

8 minutes ago, punkyhorrors said:

lad on twitter that his bio says manchster united fan and rotherham fan banned from radio sheffield thinks he cant sue people for copywrite for using his image with out his say so 

Man Utd AND Rotherham. Proper weapon then

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, S2 OWLS said:

I lived in Rotherham for a while thankfully back home now S2.

I hated when we played Rotherham they would always say to me looking forward to the derby game I always gave the same reply….Wednesday only have one derby game and it’s not against you.

They are really a nothing club to us.

If they are a nothing club to us why are we currently writing so much about them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2