Rotherham forum

8 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

They have a rivalry with us in the fact that occasionally we play against each.  Other than that there is nothing else.  There is no shared hatred for each other there is no smug satisfaction in beating them nor is there no extra hurt in losing to them. 

I can't see why you are trying to build this up to be something which it isn't.     

Not trying to build anything just quoting facts from the dictionary 

2 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

When I see a Rotherham shirt in Meadowhall it just makes me kinda smile. 

I suppose it's just a superiority complex thing

Yes we are so superior that we are playing in the league that Rotherham gained promotion from last season.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Yes we are so superior that we are playing in the league that Rotherham gained promotion from last season.

And our big coup in the close season is signing a couple of their cast-off players.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, GermanBird said:

I don't expect everybody to wear their shirt all the time, but it can be a nice conversation starter "your team played well yesterday" or just a smile, while you walk past another owl. 

I only wear my shirt when I am in a chatty mood. If I want a quiet day, I rather wear something neutral.

I'm usually wearing something with Wednesday on it, in the winter it is a bobble hat or Wednesday coat, in the summer it's either Wednesday shorts or Wednesday T-shirt.

Half my wardrobe is Wednesday related, the other half is Tears For Fears related.

I'm currently wearing Wednesday shorts and Tears For Fears t-shirt

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 hours ago, sage owl said:

Exactly in football terms. 

An opponent is for the length of the contest. 

A rivalry is permanent. 

Exactly. Rivalry is a permanent thing, not based on 90 minutes. It's also based on numerous other factors and Rotherham isn't one of them.

My favourite post is the one saying how they're looking forward to seeing how they play without Smith as a target man and hoping for a "more mobile and pacey strike force next season" - right before they signed Tom Eaves lol

On the "do Rotherham matter" debate - I find them fairly tragic (once had "oinking" noises made at me when walking up to the away end at their new ground) but otherwise couldn't really give a throw about them.

• Haha 2