Rotherham forum

Hoots nails it. 

There is only one derby and then we have the local rivalries with Barnsley, Rotherham etc. 

Beating Dem Blades means everything. Beating Barnsley, Rotherham etc., is nice and all, but it doesn't remotely compare. Likewise, losing to Dem Blades really stings, whilst losing to the others is a bit annoying and you move on pretty quickly after. 

Alan Lee and the other 6 Rotherham fans can try and argue differently, but that's really how it is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Also - what's wrong with Wednesday having fans who aren't from Sheffield? 

It's not like you could exactly accuse us (I'm one) of being glory supporters is it :duntmatter:

I was born in Rotherham and lived in a Rotherham most my life. My grandparents & parents are Sheffield born & lived around Hillsborough most their lives before having kids. My dad has supported Wednesday all his life & took me to games as a kid… but according to AlanLee I should ignore all of that & support Rotherham (a town i’m embarrassed to be linked to in all honesty)

Edited by 19owl08
  • Love 1

Just now, 19owl08 said:

I was born in Rotherham and lived in a Rotherham most my life. My grandparents & parents are Sheffield born & lived around Hillsborough most their lives before having kids. My dad has supported Wednesday all his life & took me to games as a kid… but according to AlanLee I should ignore all of that & support Rotherham (a town i’m embarrassed to be linked to in all honesty)

Meanwhile, most ToyTown fans I know support them plus Man Utd. Go figure

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Also - what's wrong with Wednesday having fans who aren't from Sheffield? 

It's not like you could exactly accuse us (I'm one) of being glory supporters is it :duntmatter:

Yeah don’t really get the point he was making there.

• Like 1

Honestly most Rotherham fans I know are actually pretty reasonable, they know their team is punching above its weight regularly, they love sticking it to the "big teams" and are mostly capable of a reasonable discussion about football without personal biases getting in the way.

To a man these same people are raging over the situation with the two Michaels, then again I was when Atkinson fecked off to Villa so....

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I've been silent in this thread but I'll add my two penneth

In my opinion we have one 'derby' that is against the Blunts

Couldn’t agree more.

I’m only bothered about Rotherham and Barnsley when we play them. I don’t class them as a derby nor am I bothered about what they achieve.

I would like to see United do badly and that’s it. Not bothered about Leeds either, due to never meeting their fans they’re just not a rival until we play them, for me.

• Like 2