Rotherham forum

1 hour ago, S2 OWLS said:

I lived in Rotherham for a while thankfully back home now S2.

I hated when we played Rotherham they would always say to me looking forward to the derby game I always gave the same reply….Wednesday only have one derby game and it’s not against you.

They are really a nothing club to us.

Wrong any local game is a Derby, of course the only one that Matters to us is the piggies one

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ruscol85 said:

Man Utd AND Rotherham. Proper weapon then

yep. was giving it the big i am to wednesday fans since we got the two rotherham lads and the first bit that he dont like i could take you to court for this 😭, the judge would just go 🤦🏼‍♂️🤷‍♂️ lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GermanBird said:

I don't expect everybody to wear their shirt all the time, but it can be a nice conversation starter "your team played well yesterday" or just a smile, while you walk past another owl. 

I only wear my shirt when I am in a chatty mood. If I want a quiet day, I rather wear something neutral.

I do wear owls leisure wear anywhere no probs but not the matchday shirt 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

History shows that teams playing with a lamppost up front get drawn into playing hoofball. Hope Smith is only used as an impact sub or for nuisance value a la Nuhiu. I thought Toytown were more professional, organised and pragmatic when they beat us at S6 last season but I wouldn’t enjoy watching that every weak. 

Whats wrong with 'hoofball'? I liked meggos style..gerrit in mixer asap..win games..are you another one whos been brainwashed by baldiolas tippy tappy nonsense? I cant stand big lump it type centre halfs tryin to be maldini..cus its in fashion..hopefully the 2 row z merchants we have signed at the back will put an end to moore tryin to copy pep 😬

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Thought the definition of Derby was a game between clubs of the same City

No Inspector it's teams of the same locality, but hey  we both live in Rotherham and I don't know if you were born here but at the end of the day I like Rotherham or I wouldn't live here, I know I'm going to get some stick about who I watch but I expect that because I live in Rotherham who have a football team so obviously I will and I don't blame them, if I lived in Sheffield and supported Rotherham I would expect stick, it's not rocket science I just think live and let live, my mates give me stick but nothing serious because at the end of the day it's just football we are a big club and have a great history but we can't expect to live on history we have to make some new history where we rise again but let's not forget we have done nothing for 25 years ffs

1 hour ago, Mighty Quinn said:

Rivals opponents same thing 

It's not even close to be being the same thing.

On the day, a team is an opponent, and yes, technically a rival as far as the English definition is concerned. But we are talking football parlance here, not straight, plain English.

Portsmouth are no more a rival on the first day of the season, than Derby will be on the last. We've only one rival, and we know who that is. Nobody else really matters.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Thought the definition of Derby was a game between clubs of the same City

Nope..derby in sporting terms has allways meant 'big occasion'..as in the Epsom derby..they arnt havin a rivalry with another  racecourse in the same city..as my italian friend told me the 'derby' of italy is inter and juve

Just now, ChapSmurf said:

On the day, a team is an opponent, and yes, technically a rival as far as the English definition is concerned. But we are talking football parlance here, not straight, plain English.

Portsmouth are no more a rival on the first day of the season, than Derby will be on the last. We've only one rival, and we know who that is. Nobody else really matters.

Wasting my time....

4 minutes ago, Mighty Quinn said:

No Inspector it's teams of the same locality, but hey  we both live in Rotherham and I don't know if you were born here but at the end of the day I like Rotherham or I wouldn't live here, I know I'm going to get some stick about who I watch but I expect that because I live in Rotherham who have a football team so obviously I will and I don't blame them, if I lived in Sheffield and supported Rotherham I would expect stick, it's not rocket science I just think live and let live, my mates give me stick but nothing serious because at the end of the day it's just football we are a big club and have a great history but we can't expect to live on history we have to make some new history where we rise again but let's not forget we have done nothing for 25 years ffs

If you lived in Sheffield and supported Rotherham, you’d get pity not stick.

19 minutes ago, Mighty Quinn said:

They have a rivalry with us in the fact that occasionally we play against each.  Other than that there is nothing else.  There is no shared hatred for each other there is no smug satisfaction in beating them nor is there no extra hurt in losing to them. 

I can't see why you are trying to build this up to be something which it isn't.     

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Exactly in football terms. 

An opponent is for the length of the contest. 

A rivalry is permanent. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1