Latest on Argentinian interest in Josh Windass

12 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Thats exactly why he does it. He's a petulant child who loves being talked about. 

Issue is hes a very good player, and I'd much rather he stayed. 

He’s certainly a little bit of an attention seeker. The tweet does nothing other than get people speculating and bickering amongst themselves! He’s even liked a tweet of one fan defending his loyalty.

I think he’s a good player but not one I’m terrified to lose. I also don’t think he fits into Moore’s system, he’s openly said he’s not a striker. If the fee ends in anything ending in million than we’ve done well and at this level we could adequately replace him. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Short memories of what? What’s he ever achieved at Wednesday? 

another social media footballer

I’d even suggest Josh Windass has a short memory. 2 years ago in the midst of an administrative fire sale at Wigan, a player they had not long since paid £2.5m only had Sheffield Wednesday with a minus 12 point deduction knocking on the door. 

The tweet is poor form. Most opinions are that he’s a good player that has spent a lot of time out injured, so with 12 months left on his contract we may as well sell and reinvest accordingly. 

• Like 1

Personally I like him has a player, on his day he's a threat but if he wants out and if the deal suits us, then replace him with someone suitable that wants to be here and less injury prone. In hindsight, we lacked some energy in the team and too frequently missed some key players, that could've made a difference. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

There is some talent in there but is he a very good player?

Even at Rangers he didn’t win anything and he played in 11 Old Firm games without winning any. Gerrard got rid as soon as he took over at Rangers.

And he had an acrimonious exit at Accrington, he wasn’t popular at Rangers and he’s hated by the Wigan fans 

Acrimonious? Not from what I saw at their place he was welcomed by their manager / owner like a returning family member.

1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Acrimonious? Not from what I saw at their place he was welcomed by their manager / owner like a returning family member.

Wasn’t there an issue over him signing a pre contract agreement with Rangers in January before he left Accrington?

According to this article he called Accrington ‘petty’

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-new-boy-josh-windass-8227175.amp

1 minute ago, pat blondeau said:

Wasn’t there an issue over him signing a pre contract agreement with Rangers in January before he left Accrington?

According to this article he called Accrington ‘petty’

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-new-boy-josh-windass-8227175.amp

Don't have foggiest but know what I saw with my own eyes that there didn't seem any animosity between him and the club owner put it that way.

He’s an ok championship footballer, nothing more. When he came here he was a definite downgrade on Fletcher, Hooper, Forestieri and Joao strike force. He’s definitely good enough for that level, just not outstanding at it.

Too good for league 1 but that’s a bit meaningless if he’s always injured. Also has a bad attitude, joking about league 1 goals not counting. 

Our priority is getting promoted immediately then getting promoted again ASAP. He’s probably not at the level for the latter part of that so it wouldn’t be a massive loss if he left. Would be good if we got a decent fee to reinvest