SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

15 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

Wouldn’t touch Norwood with a barge pole after Ipswich. 

As I said, he obvs needs to sort his head out I’m aware he had drama at Ipswich, but he wouldn’t be the first player to turn it back around ,  for me he’s a goal scorer at this level pure and simple 

Nobody would touch Berahino, but people are now whinging DM has let him go ,  NML if he signs could be a great player for us next year and not many fancied signing him 

1 hour ago, Mick70 said:

Smith would be an upgrade on Paterson and kamberi no doubt? However the likely cost of getting him could affect who else we sign. Tho tbf none of us have any idea of the budget moore will have this window compared to last few yrs of embargoes and restrictions. Gota say tho do like the players we been linked to so far ,smith and camara ? I for one ain’t setting my hopes up high as long as we bring in better than who just left barring in mind they were freebies and loans then we stand a good chance next yr? I’d keep the system used after Xmas with correct players in those positions not make do’s , and being able to tweak in certain the games the points rally should get us there abouts 

Smith would be a free as he is out of contract. His wages aren't high, that is why he is at Rotherham. It might be if he wants to play for more cash in League 1 than he has been offered to play in the Championship.

6 hours ago, Skyline said:

You don't recover from Chron's. It's a lifetime illness with no cure.

You can however go into remission.

Sorry, I suffer with the Chron's disease and I just had to correct this lol

No probs mate I did say I think it's chrons or something 😉 

9 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

As I said, he obvs needs to sort his head out I’m aware he had drama at Ipswich, but he wouldn’t be the first player to turn it back around ,  for me he’s a goal scorer at this level pure and simple 

Nobody would touch Berahino, but people are now whinging DM has let him go ,  NML if he signs could be a great player for us next year and not many fancied signing him 

Moore isn’t bad when it comes to getting a lot out of players who have lost their way a bit.

38 minutes ago, Rotherham Owl said:

Smith would be a free as he is out of contract. His wages aren't high, that is why he is at Rotherham. It might be if he wants to play for more cash in League 1 than he has been offered to play in the Championship.

Yes meant wages 

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Don’t think I’ve seen it discussed yet , but I really hope we’re not going to be reliant on loans again 

I prefer permanent deals, but at this level loans are an essential option. 

I'm not comfortable taking on more loans than we can name in the squad though.

2 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

How does the 20% sell on work.                                          (someone on here will know🙂)

Is it 20% of the fee Reading receive or (as I thought) 20%

of any profit they make over what they paid us for Joao.

If it's the latter I can't see us getting much.🥴

Simple....DC had the formula suggested............

OIP.jpg

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

That was my thought really

No transfer fee so the question for us is really do we give him a big 2 year contract?

Would a 2 year 10k a week deal make sense with signing on fee and promotion bonus?

Don't know what they have offered him but 10k a week would probably double his wages from last season. 

2 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Don’t think I’ve seen it discussed yet , but I really hope we’re not going to be reliant on loans again 

If we do sign a lot of loan players Moore has to do better, would say only BPF, Storey and probably Dean added anything to the side. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If we do sign a lot of loan players Moore has to do better, would say only BPF, Storey and probably Dean added anything to the side. 

I think that’s the risk you take isn’t it with that many signings your not gonna get a full house of successes,  Id rather we didn’t though,  listen I’m not saying don’t use the loan market for 2 or 3 , but surely we’re not gonna be totally reliant on it again 

And, when you are totally reliant on it , it brings about massive squad changes every summer , and I’m sick of it to be fair , of course we have a very short term immediate aim of promotion but I just think we can do better than waiting out on the loan market 

If there’s no early signings or any kind of solid interest, it’ll be a red flag for me to say our focus is on that PL loan market , again 

8 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I think that’s the risk you take isn’t it with that many signings your not gonna get a full house of successes,  Id rather we didn’t though,  listen I’m not saying don’t use the loan market for 2 or 3 , but surely we’re not gonna be totally reliant on it again 

And, when you are totally reliant on it , it brings about massive squad changes every summer , and I’m sick of it to be fair , of course we have a very short term immediate aim of promotion but I just think we can do better than waiting out on the loan market 

If there’s no early signings or any kind of solid interest, it’ll be a red flag for me to say our focus is on that PL loan market , again 

Our problem is we very rarely loan young up and coming players. Our loans are more often older players who cannot get game time.

Shodipo 24

BPF 25

Wing 26

Kamberi 27

Corbeanu 20

Gibson 21

Storey 24

TJJ 21

Dean 30

BPF, Storey and possibility Corbeanu, the rest were either more injured or added very little. I know we were under restrictions, but surely we should be getting more from loan players - 3 out of 9 were a success.

But I really hope this season we bring in players on permanent transfer that can be developed and improved as well as giving a few of our young players a chance to deve but the odd older head with LG1 experience.

A few possible new recruits i be happy to see signed - Rudoni AFC Wimbledon, Longstaff Newc, Marosi Shrewsbury, Storey Preston, Bailey Wright Sund, Tafazolli Wyc, Grigg Wig, Smith Roth, Marquis Linc,

14 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Our problem is we very rarely loan young up and coming players. Our loans are more often older players who cannot get game time.

Shodipo 24

BPF 25

Wing 26

Kamberi 27

Corbeanu 20

Gibson 21

Storey 24

TJJ 21

Dean 30

BPF, Storey and possibility Corbeanu, the rest were either more injured or added very little. I know we were under restrictions, but surely we should be getting more from loan players - 3 out of 9 were a success.

But I really hope this season we bring in players on permanent transfer that can be developed and improved as well as giving a few of our young players a chance to deve but the odd older head with LG1 experience.

A few possible new recruits i be happy to see signed - Rudoni AFC Wimbledon, Longstaff Newc, Marosi Shrewsbury, Storey Preston, Bailey Wright Sund, Tafazolli Wyc, Grigg Wig, Smith Roth, Marquis Linc,

Yeh good points,  obviously you want all the signings to be successful but that’s never gonna happen , still , 3 out of 9 is poor going 

Rudoni and Longstaff great suggestions 

Naby Sarr would be a good signing? Played in this league before. Left footed so an option for balance and very tall which is important in League 1 and may help us stop conceding from corners. Huddersfield defence very good and he was a part of it.

Surely sort of signing we should have an eye on.

2 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Naby Sarr would be a good signing? Played in this league before. Left footed so an option for balance and very tall which is important in League 1 and may help us stop conceding from corners. Huddersfield defence very good and he was a part of it.

Surely sort of signing we should have an eye on.

Great shout with Sarr, wouldn’t be against him coming at all. May have Champ interest though? 

Huddersfield also released Reece Brown, he would be an unreal signing. Hasn’t done it for Huddersfield but flourished on loan at this level for Peterborough during 20/21 playing 38 times during their promotion season. Attracted attention while at Forest Green in 18/19 where he scored 11 and assisted 15 from CM in L2.

• Like 3