SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

9 hours ago, camffiti said:

Fans wanting us to exclusively sign youngsters with research value, shouldn't expect immediate promotion 

We have loads of experience.

Nobody is advocating a team full of youngsters.

We already have Palmer, Bannan, Johnson, Gregory, Paterson with contracts offered to Hunt and Luongo. We don’t need anymore.

As a football club we’ve had no long term thinking for over 20 years. It has to change.

We have to start investing in players that can appreciate in value and can get better.

A constant cycle of loan players and aging players before rebuilding every year or two has got us absolutely nowhere.

Madness is to keep doing what has failed and expecting different results.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Our problem is we very rarely loan young up and coming players. Our loans are more often older players who cannot get game time.

Shodipo 24

BPF 25

Wing 26

Kamberi 27

Corbeanu 20

Gibson 21

Storey 24

TJJ 21

Dean 30

The youngest 3 of those loan players consisted of 2 crocks and the other was rarely picked to play.

14 hours ago, Royal_D said:

As I said, he obvs needs to sort his head out I’m aware he had drama at Ipswich, but he wouldn’t be the first player to turn it back around ,  for me he’s a goal scorer at this level pure and simple 

Nobody would touch Berahino, but people are now whinging DM has let him go ,  NML if he signs could be a great player for us next year and not many fancied signing him 

I was impressed with him at Tranmere and he knows how to wind the opposition up. But he’s more of a Gregory  type player and wouldn’t really add the attributes we lack in terms of that target man or a more dynamic striker like Windass or what we seemed to want from John Jules.

If we get Norwood in I think it’s an indication we have missed a good few targets. For me Oliver would be preferable to him as he is a local lad, has scored goals in the last two seasons and does that hard team work too, ticking the target man box.

Back on Norwood, I agree if someone gets him focused it could be good for them but it’s whether we need to be the ones to solve that issue. No complaints from me with berahino going either 

• Like 1

Seems Jayden Stockley has been linked today as one of the names on a shortlist.

Seems we are clearly after a certain type of striker. Although I can’t see this happening, Charlton bought him for £500k so they’re going to demand a decent profit. 

• Thanks 1

Looks like we’re looking to follow the template that we always seem to do for that second season at this level and look to acquire players who have been successful in it before?

Our history tells you that it invariably works but our history also tells you it spells trouble for the manager who invariably brings them in and a subsequent difficulty to transition back into the championship should we get promoted?

Some difficult hurdles ahead for DM to jump successfully?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

Totally agree about him being a handful. Really attacks the ball in the air. Would be great in both boxes.

As well as the defensive crisis a problem we had with trying the 4-2-3-1 last year was a lack of physical presence to play the 1 up top. 

We needed a unit up top then but couldn't then one for free, wouldn't be shocked if windass goes for £1-£2 million and we use that to get a player like stockley in

It sounds like Stockley was wanted last summer, the willing to spend comment is interesting ,  paid £500k bagged 20 in all competitions last season and on a long contract 

Charlton probs every right to expect to double there money they’re ? 

4 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

We wanted him last season but we're under the umbongo.....he got 20 goals last season which would have probably got us automatic promotion......

Fine margins in this league.....but I don't expect that we will be able to afford him

I think we can afford him, whether or not we agree with Charlton's valuation is the question. 

As it stands they don't have a manager yet, they are bringing in a fella from Swindon and leave for pre season on 16th June, so would need to move fairly quickly assuming we want him in for pre season.

With the rumours now being  reported, looks like we are looking at a few, seeing who is available and wants to come then making our move once we have a preferred target. 

• Like 1

Just now, FlyingOwl said:

Impressed with Ipswich’s signings so far but I was also impressed last season

The impressive thing to me, is the swiftness of their moves 

The first news of Ladapo, was the signing announcement 

Within a couple of hours of the Dominic Ball rumours surfacing, he was signed 

I'm expecting weeks of rumours & excuses before we actually sign anyone

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, camffiti said:

The first news of Ladapo, was the signing announcement 

Within a couple of hours of the Dominic Ball rumours surfacing, he was signed 

I'm expecting weeks of rumours & excuses before we actually sign anyone

Good post. We need to get our business done quickly and efficiently 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, camffiti said:

100%. 

Don’t want to get left behind. Everything we’ve read so far has really just been “Wednesday are keeping an eye on  x, y or z”. Not one to be impatient but there is a lot of business we need to do in the next 60 days and I really had the hope we would crack on quick this summer. 

• Like 1