SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Difference is Ipswich have known that they’ll be League One next season for a while now. Compared to us who did not know what division to prepare for up until a few weeks ago.

If we got promoted, no way should we be looking at players like Ladapo. And to be honest, if it’s true we’re looking at Stockley that suggests we’ve got some funds to play with and will be aiming higher than Ladapo anyway.

Call is misguided and I might be totally wrong, but I’m fairly optimistic that Moore and team will get some good players into the club this summer. Let’s see. 

Can’t disagree with much of that.

I didn’t want us to touch Ladapo but I do think Ball is a decent signing at this level. 

I thought we did some decent business last summer considering the circumstances so I guess I’ve raised my expectations this summer without the restrictions in place. I probably should of said I’m more concerned we will be scavenging around late in the market as per usual.

Moore also gives me the impression he’s a good operator in the market. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Surely there  are some younger players with potential for less than £500 k .Its ok getting promoted if we do ,We need a team that can stay up.And younger players that can develop and take the club forward .

Stockley is still only 28, good 3yrs of his prime left ,  nowt to say he couldn’t have a better run in championship next time 

On 01/06/2022 at 12:09, camffiti said:

Fans wanting us to exclusively sign youngsters with research value, shouldn't expect immediate promotion 

In 2005 we were promoted with Wood, Bruce, Whelan, Brunt, Talbot, Collins, JP, 

In 2012 we were promoted with Baath, Palmer, Beevers, Madine, Reda, Marshall, Ranger, Antonio. 

• Like 2

On 01/06/2022 at 12:24, stocksyuto said:

And then those same fans will slate them hard and message them on Twitter putting them down when they don’t play to their standards it’s crazy

In 2005 we were promoted with Wood, Bruce, Whelan, Brunt, Talbot, Collins, JP, 

In 2012 we were promoted with Baath, Palmer, Beevers, Madine, Reda, Marshall, Ranger, Antonio. 

They all played to decent standards

1 hour ago, camffiti said:

I agree. 

I've never been a fan of project CLEAR AAHHHHT 

Their swift negotiations skills are impressive though 

Do 'swift negotiation skills' translate to overinflated wages, though?

Not saying they necessarily do, but it's a valid concern, I'd say.

10 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Do 'swift negotiation skills' translate to overinflated wages, though?

Not saying they necessarily do, but it's a valid concern, I'd say.

Maybe? It's a valid assumption, certainly players happy to sign so suggests it's what they want and perhaps more than others offering or likely to offer, so early in the window. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Difference is Ipswich have known that they’ll be League One next season for a while now. Compared to us who did not know what division to prepare for up until a few weeks ago.

If we got promoted, no way should we be looking at players like Ladapo. And to be honest, if it’s true we’re looking at Stockley that suggests we’ve got some funds to play with and will be aiming higher than Ladapo anyway.

Call is misguided and I might be totally wrong, but I’m fairly optimistic that Moore and team will get some good players into the club this summer. Let’s see. 

Well run clubs are speaking to both sets of targets under the assumption they achieve promotion.

If promoted clubs then focus efforts solely on the top tier players. If not, their focus is on the next tier 

I expect we've been talking to players no matter what division we were in

A couple analytical recruitment plans were released today by @AnalyticsOwls and @Thomas_Lane11 on Twitter.  Highly recommend checking those out, especially AnalyticsOwls as he's one of us.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">🦉My Sheffield Wednesday Recruitment Plan for the 22/23 season is now here as promised🦉Featuring 34 players!<br><br>Please give it a read, no sign up required. Yumpu is simple to use and it is easy to zoom in on graphics/text on mobile or desktop. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SWFC?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SWFC</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WAWAW?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#WAWAW</a><br> <a href="https://t.co/PsGYaJr4CE">https://t.co/PsGYaJr4CE</a></p>&mdash; Owls Analytics (@AnalyticsOwls) <a href="https://twitter.com/AnalyticsOwls/status/1532311297693560832?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 2, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Some names that I personally noted: 

Carl Rushworth (GK) as a Loan option from Brighton

Danny Mandroui (LW) Shamrock Rovers seems like a shrewd target!

Galvin Kilkenny (CM) as a loan option from AFC Bournemouth

Antony Evans (CAM) as a free from Bristol Rovers

Dylan Levitt (CDM) as a free from Man United

Jerome Opoku (CB) as a free from Fulham. Mentioned plenty, but backed up quite nicely from an analytical perspective.  Really interested in him.

Jordan Thorniley looks like a nice fit for how DM likes to play out the back

Dawson Devoy and Marc Leonard are featured, a couple of @malek's shouts.

Ruben Rodrigues -- An interesting name from the National League

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Didn’t get much out of Berahino (released) or NML (couldn’t be @rsed tracking back in the biggest game of the season) 

I can't imagine many managers getting much more out of Berahino than Moore managed, to be honest.

Yes, he was inconsistent, but a direct goal involvement every 115 minutes is nothing to be sniffed at.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Didn’t get much out of Berahino (released) or NML (couldn’t be @rsed tracking back in the biggest game of the season) 

It took a while for him to get something out of Berahino but he did eventually.

NML was a good signing but you can nitpick over errors made from any player over the course of the season, biggest game or not.

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I can't imagine many managers getting much more out of Berahino than Moore managed, to be honest.

Yes, he was inconsistent, but a direct goal involvement every 115 minutes is nothing to be sniffed at.

Sorry, I hadn’t seen that stat. Which of them had a goal involvement every 115 minutes? The one who was released or the one who couldn’t be @rswd tracking back in the most important game of the season ? 

BB5F427C-0781-43FD-BED5-D7F6EB16F468.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Jim said:

It took a while for him to get something out of Berahino but he did eventually.

NML was a good signing but you can nitpick over errors made from any player over the course of the season, biggest game or not.

And you can try and convince yourself that DM got something worthwhile out of Berahino before subsequently releasing him and that 2 goals in 18 games and can’t be @rsedness in the most important game of the season makes NML a good signing, 

• Like 2