SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

16 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Bruv, we ain't even in the same pitch here. 

get out of here quoting bill shankly and using your own personal bias to label how a player in a split second perceived whether could be @rsed to track back or not. The games moved on, thankfully!

Nobody said a player shouldn't run, but it seems that's all you can comprehend. 

I’ll try one more time then leave you to finish writing your tactical master plan for next season before you send it to DM. I know he’s anxiously waiting for your input so that he can start pre-season. 
Here goes.

Why should I “get out of here” and not quote Bill Shankley who won the league championships x 3, the FA Cup x 2 and the UEFA Cup. He knew a bit about football and is therefore a valid reference point. 

Secondly, if you went to the play-off second leg and watched NML reaction, application and the speed at which he ran compared to the speed at which we have previously witnessed him run and are still prepared to argue that it’s stupid for him to try to track back and / or you think he was trying his best then I will now to your superior wisdom. I can say no more.
Finally, on the subject of wisdom I offer some friendly advice. If you are going to try to belittle someone for what you think they can or cannot comprehend, I recommend you try to find out a little about their background first i.e. their education, training, qualifications, employment history etc otherwise you could put yourself in a position where you look very silly. 

Enjoy your weekend

WAWAW

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, akbuk said:

No but if he does that's how he can be accommodated plus Moore as used 4-3-3 before

I do like him but thought he faded away towards the end of the season somewhat.  Also get the feeling that he Johnson don't get on with each other, the body language between the two seems a little negative and he would rather pass to someone else when Johnson is available and in a better position.

Just my observation could be miles wide of the target.

Will be indifferent whatever he chooses to do, at his best he is definitely an asset to the club.  

2 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I’ll try one more time then leave you to finish writing your tactical master plan for next season before you send it to DM. I know he’s anxiously waiting for your input so that he can start pre-season. 
Here goes.

Why should I “get out of here” and not quote Bill Shankley who won the league championships x 3, the FA Cup x 2 and the UEFA Cup. He knew a bit about football and is therefore a valid reference point. 

Secondly, if you went to the play-off second leg and watched NML reaction, application and the speed at which he ran compared to the speed at which we have previously witnessed him run and are still prepared to argue that it’s stupid for him to try to track back and / or you think he was trying his best then I will now to your superior wisdom. I can say no more.
Finally, on the subject of wisdom I offer some friendly advice. If you are going to try to belittle someone for what you think they can or cannot comprehend, I recommend you try to find out a little about their background first i.e. their education, training, qualifications, employment history etc otherwise you could put yourself in a position where you look very silly. 

Enjoy your weekend

WAWAW

I'll make this my last post, in which i'll first address your point on getting to know who i'm talking to. if you wish to send over your CV via dm, feel free to do so, but to posture up in such a way as 'you don't know who you're talking to' is juvenile and a clear sign of you knowing your argument is weak, appeals to authority, no matter how thinly veiled are always a poor address. 

All of your points are based around how you chose to perceive 'effort' in the case of NML, did you have your speed gun at the match to track the speed of each of his runs, or are you more up to date and have his Catapult GPS data?!

I don't need to go back and forth with you about NML's effort, because you're either choosing to ignore the basics or you just don't get the game. I am sure Shankly would have advocated playing players in the position the teams needs them the most. 

With that in mind your whole argument and laying the blame at NML apparently (in your eyes only) choosing to not track back is dead and buried by the simple fact that the team would have benefited far more with Palmer at RCB rather than at LCB.

If you genuinely cannot see that having Storey as RCB with NML at RWB in front of him on one side, with Palmer at LCB and Johnson at LWB created a massively imbalanced defensive unit, then unfortunately i'll double down on my point that putting NML and expecting him to track back effectively is stupid. 

You can try and reduce our lack of promotion to NML not tracking back all you want, but the fact is by doing the above, tactically we left gaps to be exposed against a quality left sided player, who took advantage of the situation under instruction from a tactically smart manager. 

Also FYI, i have a much deeper understanding of this due to my CV/experience/education/background etc. 

9 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Hes a player who showed promise many years before he chose drugs, he looks washed up, his pace and effectiveness are in the past and his work rate is even further behind, hes not even effective from the bench, he lost interest in football many years ago and BOY does it show

Doing drugs?

There's a wide spread under that heading from an occasional bit of weed to being a heroin addict. It's doubtful NML did enough drugs to damage his football abilities, I don't think any player would get away with it for very long. I suspect NML was a very occassional user who got caught (as he should) and he most definitely won't have repeated his actions. He's going to be under the same testing regime as all players but he is going to be right under the spotlight so would get caught quickly if he did..

I think he's a great player at this level, he's not a wing back and he's not a striker, he's a winger, play him as one and he will rip teams apart. If we don't want a winger then let him go.

15 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Bruv, we ain't even in the same pitch here. 

get out of here quoting bill shankly and using your own personal bias to label how a player in a split second perceived whether could be @rsed to track back or not. The games moved on, thankfully!

Nobody said a player shouldn't run, but it seems that's all you can comprehend. 

The only things in football that has ‘moved on’ as you put it is fitness, strength and conditioning and the pace of the game. Forwards just being forwards stopped in the 50’s. As for players tracking back or not, you are coached through the age groups your responsibilities which in turn brings match and positional awareness so players understand patterns of play, off the ball runs etc. To dismiss NML lack of foresight and effort as tactical negligence from Moore I feel is a cheap shot again at the manager. We lost the game to a far better team, the holes at the back were caused by us chasing an equaliser late in the game not by some tactical error.
In short NML should have been aware of the run and done more to prevent the danger. 

6 minutes ago, Kendo Nagasaki said:

The only things in football that has ‘moved on’ as you put it is fitness, strength and conditioning and the pace of the game. Forwards just being forwards stopped in the 50’s. As for players tracking back or not, you are coached through the age groups your responsibilities which in turn brings match and positional awareness so players understand patterns of play, off the ball runs etc. To dismiss NML lack of foresight and effort as tactical negligence from Moore I feel is a cheap shot again at the manager. We lost the game to a far better team, the holes at the back were caused by us chasing an equaliser late in the game not by some tactical error.
In short NML should have been aware of the run and done more to prevent the danger. 

Glad you agree. Holes at the back, created by having a forward thinking winger playing.....RWB with poor cover positionally sensed player behind him

But yeah, something about NML's desire, heart, grit, pashun. 

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Professional footballer has the chance to track back and prevent a goal which knocks his team out of the play-offs. He is the freshest player on the pitch. He can’t be @rsed.  Opposites score. His team lose. His team are not promoted. 
Fan says. It’s ok,  He “wasn’t to track back”

You seriously could not make this 💩 up

Bang on, I was so f**king angry with NML when that happened.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Different type of striker to Smith or Stockley.

Couldn’t stop scoring under Paul Cook in the first half of the season before McKenna came in and he didn’t seem to suit the change in style seemingly. 

Good age, steady fee, I wouldn’t be disappointed with Bonne. 

2 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Always proved to be a reliable source 🤣

True, but in fairness, from my tracking this summer and last summer, they have first reported 6 links with one completed transfer. By context, this is a better record than Dom, who has had one correct transfer from 8 links. Nixon has the best record at 100% (2 from 2). And the Star also has a good record of 7 correct transfers from 14 links.Screenshot_20220602-081728-410.png.55db24ee7c7a738649dcad0ab9c82a49.pngScreenshot_20220603-115244-035.png.7ee36edfbfe5fd5924e22b4e2c469864.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Awful defending by Palmer 

Storey was to blame as he can’t defend on the outside. It actually happened about 4 times but people forget this because he won a few headers and tackles. Very average player.

Palmer didn’t cover himself in glory either though.

2 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Professional footballer has the chance to track back and prevent a goal which knocks his team out of the play-offs. He is the freshest player on the pitch. He can’t be @rsed.  Opposites score. His team lose. His team are not promoted. 
Fan says. It’s ok,  He “wasn’t to track back”

You seriously could not make this 💩 up

Of course it was NML's fault ... bloody sauntering back without a care in the world & only been on the field 5 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jmb5310 said:

Karamoko Dembele set to be a free agent from Celtic. London-born and brother at Bournemouth, so could easily go there. But injured all last year and could use a season or two to establish himself w some playing time. 

Would be a low risk-high reward if he could right the ship and be sold on in a few years. 

Yea, sounds like a good idea.WTF:

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

So to be clear. Because the game’s “complicated” in your view. If a professional footballer sees the opportunity to prevent an opposite from scoring in the playoff semi finals whereby defeat means his team cannot be promoted then you are advocating he shouldn’t try to stop the opposite from scoring. Your rationale? 
Asking an attacking player to track back is “a bit stupid”. 
Bill Shankly famously said that “Football is a simple game complicated by idiots” but yeah, I’m sure you’re Football Manager 22 explanation as to why NML shouldn’t run is correct.
For the record. I’m not blaming NML, I was referring to a previous post saying he was a good signing last season. 
And finally, “tracking back or summat innit fellurrr” WTF? Are you some kind of Ali G tribute act ? 

You're correct of course as far as Mendez Laing goes. Not sure how anyone could argue with you, he went through the motions and tried to make it appear he was tracking back, where he should have been busting a gut, he wasn't. Whether he'd have prevented a goal or not is another thing, but he was found lacking in effort when we needed it. Anyone can dress this up as they like, all it does is let's him off the hook and sells the club short. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1