SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

3 hours ago, Skyline said:

You don't recover from Chron's. It's a lifetime illness with no cure.

You can however go into remission.

Sorry, I suffer with the Chron's disease and I just had to correct this lol

Don't apologise for correcting and informing. My Mum had it shortly before she died in hospital. I think it was c.diff which was the real culprit although Crohn's was on the death certificate. It was at the time when c.diff was in the news all the time.

I've got Type 1 diabetes and the general level of ignorance is quite alarming sometimes so I often correct people unapologetically. It is one of the few times I am able to appear knowledgeable  lol

• Like 2

Still think Darren Moore will try hard for Rayhann Tulloch again,  just fits the kind of profile I think DM will sign this summer 

Dynamic, played a few different positions for WBA 23’s , can play wide , second striker maybe 

15 hours ago, Royal_D said:

My thoughts on Camara

Looks a great player, but will cost a few quid to get out of Plymouth , especially regarding there stance on selling to a rival

Great engine, and capable of bagging a few goals 

If the kind of money to get Camara out of Plymouth is available, I just wonder if it would be better spent on a striker or a central defender ,  I think with Bannan , FDB , Adeniran and George Byers we’ve got options already in central midfield and better ones than we’ve got upfront , certainly better than at centre half 

Camara if possible would be an ideal signing, the kind of driving force in midfield we've lacked for a long time. A midfield of Camara, Byers and Bannan would be formidable at this level. Camara would be an exceptional signing in my opinion. However, depending upon whether Windass stays or not and how much we can spend, goalkeeper, centre of defence and upfront are the key areas we need to strengthen this summer. 

5 minutes ago, TbagMcgraw said:

Be interesting to see what happens with Lucas Joao and whether he gets a premiership move, as might mean we could still hold onto Windass and bring in some decent players.

20% sell on clause apparently so could be in for a nice little windfall.

• Like 1

Smith would be an upgrade on Paterson and kamberi no doubt? However the likely cost of getting him could affect who else we sign. Tho tbf none of us have any idea of the budget moore will have this window compared to last few yrs of embargoes and restrictions. Gota say tho do like the players we been linked to so far ,smith and camara ? I for one ain’t setting my hopes up high as long as we bring in better than who just left barring in mind they were freebies and loans then we stand a good chance next yr? I’d keep the system used after Xmas with correct players in those positions not make do’s , and being able to tweak in certain the games the points rally should get us there abouts 

• Like 1

Transfers are starting to roll now (at other clubs) 

Having already signed Ladapo, ITFC are now set to sign Dominic Ball, from QPR 

I don't know alot about him.

Apparently 6'2" defensive midfielder, who can also play in the backline 

I’ve read a few articles and comments from DM about Alfie May, when he sold him at Donny and when we played them last year , didn’t get the feeling he’s a huge fan 

I would still be really interested in James Norwood, obviously he needs to have his head screwed back on after whatever’s gone on at Ipswich but I really think a focussed Norwood is a great player in this division 

1 minute ago, camffiti said:

Very good player, too good for

this league 

I dunno with Ipswich though, they did this last year , went out and signed loads and they never got off the ground 

I wonder if they’ll ship anyone out, I’d take Connor Chaplin here 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Very good player, too good for

this league 

I dunno with Ipswich though, they did this last year , went out and signed loads and they never got off the ground 

I wonder if they’ll ship anyone out, I’d take Connor Chaplin here 

I wouldn't be surprised if Chaplin left. 

They bought too many no10s last year and didn't know who to stick with

28 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I would still be really interested in James Norwood, obviously he needs to have his head screwed back on after whatever’s gone on at Ipswich but I really think a focussed Norwood is a great player in this division 

It's a no from me.

He was good in League 2 four seasons ago but hasn't been prolific in this division since.

31 now and slow. Saw him play at Rotherham A couple of months ago and he was awful, missed an absolute sitter.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, beswetherick said:

I rate Smith as a player but he’s quite similar to Gregory isn’t he?

We use Gregory in that role but as we saw against Batth and Wright they generally had the edge on him. It’s not his strongest game which is really being a finisher and making the clever runs. I think we need a proper target man to complement him and another nippy type to challenge Windass.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I’ve read a few articles and comments from DM about Alfie May, when he sold him at Donny and when we played them last year , didn’t get the feeling he’s a huge fan 

Wouldn’t touch Norwood with a barge pole after Ipswich. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beswetherick said:

20% sell on clause apparently so could be in for a nice little windfall.

How does the 20% sell on work.                                          (someone on here will know🙂)

Is it 20% of the fee Reading receive or (as I thought) 20%

of any profit they make over what they paid us for Joao.

If it's the latter I can't see us getting much.🥴

Edited by oldtawnyowl

53 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Why did no one mention Dominic Ball?

2 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

How does the 20% sell on work.                                    (someone on here will know🙂)

Is it 20% of the fee Reading receive or (as I thought) 20%

of any profit they make over what they paid us for Joao.

If it's the latter I can't see us getting much.🥴

It was reported as a straight 20% rather than 20% of any profit — depends how accurate those reports are I guess 

12 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

We use Gregory in that role but as we saw against Batth and Wright they generally had the edge on him. It’s not his strongest game which is really being a finisher and making the clever runs. I think we need a proper target man to complement him and another nippy type to challenge Windass.

I'd agree with this.

Some of Gregory's best football came when he played alongside Steve Morison at Millwall, who shouldered most of the responsibility of being the more traditional 'target man'.

Such a player would probably mesh quite well with Windass, if we keep him, too.

If we can find such a player who's comfortable playing as a lone striker, then even better, as it would allow us the flexibility to opt for a 4-2-3-1 if wanted, with the likes of Windass, Bannan, and Mendez-Laing potentially playing behind him.

• Like 2