SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

This is the League One advantage by the way...

Most players would rather be in team which is more likely to be successful, albeit in a lower division, rather than a team likely to be struggling because it makes them look better players and adds value to their name, and players want to win silverware.

• Like 1

Just now, Tony Pulis said:

This is the League One advantage by the way...

Most players would rather be in team which is more likely to be successful, albeit in a lower division, rather than a team likely to be struggling because it makes them look better players and adds value to their name, and players want to win silverware.

I think it’s more the advantage of being a fairly big club in this league. I don’t think the likes of Wycombe or MK Dons would attract those type of names. Instead those clubs are a bit more savvy in the market and rely on very good scouting. 

22 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If this Botteghin rumour is true, screams Paixao.

He’s got very good experience but at 34 the same question marks over whether he’s here for one final pay day. 

On the other hand he could have a couple of years left in the tank and be a cut above in this league.

Still there lurking in the background? Cup others last season seemed bit left field? Kamberi and sow ?

Just now, Mick70 said:

Still there lurking in the background? Cup others last season seemed bit left field? Kamberi and sow ?

He goes to most games. Don’t think he ever went away.

Sow possibly. We’ve dipped in to the Dutch market a few times under Chansiri, so Paixao might have some connections over there. Lachmann, Van Aken etc. 

I think Kamberi was pretty well known over here. Did ok up in Scotland for Rangers and Hibs, so assume fairly well known by scouts in this country. 

Chuffed if we get this Vaulks deal done. 

of course there’s no guarantees but on paper he’s perfect and shouldn’t be playing League 1 football.

Of course this probably means we won’t keep Luongo but I’m fine with that. He deserves to have a shot at playing at a World Cup and I don’t begrudge him going for those reasons. I just hope wherever he goes he stays fit! 

16 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

True, but Vaulks is a different type of player. More defensive minded and will give his all for the cause. 

I don’t think Wing quite fit in to the way we set up. Not sure you can have both Bannan and Wing in the same side.

Think wing I’d a confidence player and it massively effects his form 

vaulks does more of the ugly stuff but does it with class 

like semedo in tackle followed by bannan ( who’s is better than zidane)  in the distribution 

Excellent signing and if luongo re-signs we really do have promotion midfield 

CM department tick

If this is the standard I think our season will be just fine 

we could be lining up from midfield like this 

Vaulks.     Luongo 

wilks.                    Bannan.                Windass

Smith / Gregory 

id say that is a decent start 

24 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If this Botteghin rumour is true, screams Paixao.

He’s got very good experience but at 34 the same question marks over whether he’s here for one final pay day. 

On the other hand he could have a couple of years left in the tank and be a cut above in this league.

He's 35 in August and it looks like he has another year on his contract at Ascoli.

Would be a totally random and bizarre signing, so as you say has Paixo all over it. 

Similar Dutch connections like Sow, Da Cruz.

I just cant see DM being interested in such a player. Harlee Dean would be a far better signing (if he wants to come here, that is).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He goes to most games. Don’t think he ever went away.

Sow possibly. We’ve dipped in to the Dutch market a few times under Chansiri, so Paixao might have some connections over there. Lachmann, Van Aken etc. 

Also Luhukay and Da Cruz.

Yes we've been so successful in that market.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 3