SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

3 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

I'm on the fence about him (Storey). Played some decent games for us, but i do think we can find similar or better. I also think Iorfa, if fit and back to his confident self, is better than anyone we can get including Storey. That's a big if, but he was being watched heavily by prem clubs not so long ago. 

Hope Iorfa can find his form again. Hardly played any football for two years now though. Without being too harsh, thought he was poor when he came back last season. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We wouldn't be able to afford him on a transfer and I reckon he'll be firmly in Preston's plans next season. 

We'll see if he is then, if Ryan Lowe's still in charge then i highly doubt it but we'll see

Bolton Wanderers have signed Northern Ireland right-back Conor Bradley on loan from Liverpool.

The 18-year-old joined the Reds from Dungannon United in September 2019 and has made five senior appearances.

He made his senior international debut for Northern Ireland in May 2021 in a friendly against Malta and has since won a total of eight caps.

Just now, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Plus Iorfa, for all his height, isn't very good in the air.

Yep. He has the physique of a CB but ability wise he’s just never won me over in the role. 

He’s quite an erratic player, always looks like he’s chasing back or marauding forward. Doesn’t play with the calmness of a Dean or read the game the way a good CB does. His pace papers over cracks. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Iorfa is worse than Storey in every single category other than pace. 

Funny how Prem clubs were looking at him, yet a lower half  Championship club decided Storey wasnt good enough for them. Oh and in 19/20 he was our player of the year, ahead of Bannan (who is "too good for this division"), Fletcher etc. 

He's twice come back from long term injuries and looked suspect, hence why I said it's a big if, but even at the stat of last season we were 4 games in with Iorfa at the heart of the defence and fans were saying we'll not concede all season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Doesn’t bother me. I like reading them whether they prove to be true or not. Some for some reason get a little precious about it 🤣

This, random nonsensical posts on here bring back memories of teletext and club call. If none came off ever, it still wouldn’t take away my wondering what if and the hope that it brings! 

1 minute ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

Funny how Prem clubs were looking at him, yet a lower half  Championship club decided Storey wasnt good enough for them. Oh and in 19/20 he was our player of the year, ahead of Bannan (who is "too good for this division"), Fletcher etc. 

He's twice come back from long term injuries and looked suspect, hence why I said it's a big if, but even at the stat of last season we were 4 games in with Iorfa at the heart of the defence and fans were saying we'll not concede all season. 

Watford were linked when they were a Championship club, nothing came of it. 

For me he had an decent 12 months in 2019. From when he signed he had a great 6 month playing RB. Then again up to Christmas during the beginning of 19/20. Anything after that he’s been pretty poor. 

Oh he got runner up POTY?! In a season we went from 3rd to nearly being relegated in. Wow

Pace papers over his cracks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NOT jack whitham said:

I have donated more than you will know to Weston park and other charities loser and im always a little worried about making bets with people who cant spell seem 🤣🤣(seam)🤣🤣

To be fair he put his money where Is mouth is on that one seems like a fair call now to stop trying to call him out and just watch it unfold quietly if your not going to match him 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

Giddings tweet re Vaulks sounding very promising. Very impressed if we are attracting him over 2 other Champ clubs.

DM clearly has some pulling power, as does the prospect of playing for this great club of course. But we haven't been able to attract players to a lower division like this in past, so DM must have a really good reputation as someone to want to play for. Think players must enjoy his management style and style of play.

In part yes DM can take credit, but much must also  be given to DC for being prepared to keep paying attractive enough wages to back his manager.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Watford were linked when they were a Championship club, nothing came of it. 

For me he had an decent 12 months in 2019. From when he signed he had a great 6 month playing RB. Then again up to Christmas during the beginning of 19/20. Anything after that he’s been pretty poor. 

Oh he got runner up POTY?! In a season we went from 3rd to nearly being relegated in. Wow

Pace papers over his cracks. 

When Watford showed interest, 2 separate Wednesday journalists reported that Prem clubs were also keen. He also attracted interest from West Ham back in his Wolves days. He won the POY not runner up. Anything after that, as you say, is when he's been injured pretty much. Nevertheless, that's far more than Storey achieved in his Preston and Wednesday career. In Storey I see a player who is top end L1 quality, but will never be the best in that league. In Iorfa I see a player capable of playing top end Championship if he gets fitness back. He's pretty much been written off based on his comeback towards the end of last season, which admittedly he looked well off it, but I hope that we might see him return to his best. Yes his pace does help him, but that's a good thing, he has something few have in this division. I think with a bit of firm and some confidence, plus a good partner next to him, he could be really dominant. 

Anyway, time will tell. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NOT jack whitham said:

I have donated more than you will know to Weston park and other charities loser and im always a little worried about making bets with people who cant spell seem 🤣🤣(seam)🤣🤣

That does seem to be a fair bet TBH Jack, go on, call him out on it. I reckon you'll be on the winning side of history on this one and old Owl66 will disappear.

1 minute ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

When Watford showed interest, 2 separate Wednesday journalists reported that Prem clubs were also keen. He also attracted interest from West Ham back in his Wolves days. He won the POY not runner up. Anything after that, as you say, is when he's been injured pretty much. Nevertheless, that's far more than Storey achieved in his Preston and Wednesday career. In Storey I see a player who is top end L1 quality, but will never be the best in that league. In Iorfa I see a player capable of playing top end Championship if he gets fitness back. He's pretty much been written off based on his comeback towards the end of last season, which admittedly he looked well off it, but I hope that we might see him return to his best. Yes his pace does help him, but that's a good thing, he has something few have in this division. I think with a bit of firm and some confidence, plus a good partner next to him, he could be really dominant. 

Anyway, time will tell. 

Prem clubs were also apparently interested in Charles Hagan…

Most likely agent talk. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Prem clubs were also apparently interested in Charles Hagan…

Most likely agent talk. 

Very true but also very different circumstances. Wednesday fans at that time were genuinely worried we'd lose Iorfa if he carried on playing as he did. Maybe I'm wrong thinking he still has the chance of a decent career, but I'd rather not write him off just yet. Same with Windass, both Windass and Iorfa have a lot to prove next year, but if they both play well then we'll have a good chance of automatics as they have something different to your average L1 player.