SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

josh Murphy spent so much time injured last season. Hope it’s not true. 

Jacob Murphy was also out in the wilderness before he joined us on loan. He found his feet again here and has been a regular for Newcastle in the Prem past two seasons.

His brother might just need an arm around him to rediscover his form. He’s a good footballer

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Jacob Murphy was also out in the wilderness before he joined us on loan. He found his feet again here and has been a regular for Newcastle in the Prem past two seasons.

His brother might just need an arm around him to rediscover his form. He’s a good footballer

fair point. Injuries ruined him last season and his loan was cut short because of attitude problems and being late. Like you say hopefully an arm round him could work. Was once a talented player. 

18 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Would be a good addition. 

Agree, good player at this level. Happy with this signing if it happens.

As for the Murphy link, a player that reminds me of Mendez-Laing in that he has some pace about him, but doesn't fit into the system we play. 

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’d take him 

• Like 1

Just now, Mighty Quinn said:

Supposedly going to Derby when they've sorted finances 

If that's accurate, you've got to wonder how much of the money they haven't got they are offering in wages and why EFL would sanction such a deal when allowing player registration.

I know they are a 'big' club in L1 by virtue of not being in it for ages, but to leave a championship club to wait to be able to sign for the car crash which is Derby at the moment, in the league below is madness.

I wonder if he was set for Derby, but we have nipped in due to their issues, hence our interest now?

• Like 1

Just now, striker said:

If that's accurate, you've got to wonder how much of the money they haven't got they are offering in wages and why EFL would sanction such a deal when allowing player registration.

I know they are a 'big' club in L1 by virtue of not being in it for ages, but to leave a championship club to wait to be able to sign for the car crash which is Derby at the moment, in the league below is madness.

I wonder if he was set for Derby, but we have nipped in due to their issues, hence our interest now?

Quite possibly he will go to whoever offers most money I assume..but he's a scouse so it could the Rooney connection 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mighty Quinn said:

Supposedly going to Derby when they've sorted finances 

Derby are struggling to pay the wages this month, haven’t got season tickets on sale, can’t sort out existing players contracts and look no nearer finding a buyer 

If he’s waiting for them he won’t be playing or training for the foreseeable 

• Like 1