SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

With regard to Storey and errors. I think that is why he may not be cost effective but I don’t think it should put us off younger players as we can accommodate some errors at this level and develop players. Had we had storey in all season and avoided a defensive injury crisis we’d have probably gone up even with a few errors thrown in 

9 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Have to agree. People were raving about him but he genuinely didn't stand out for me at all. He wasn't as poor as your post suggests, in my opinion, but he certainly wasn't Nemanja Vidic. 

Staggers me what Wednesday fans expect. 

‘We need to lower the age of the squad’

’Storey was rubbish (even though every stat will suggest otherwise) so let’s go for an over the hill defender instead’.

Make your chuffin minds up. We were excellent second half of the season and if we had Storey in from the start we’d have got promoted out of this god forsaken division.

If there’s any possibility of getting him back, we should jump on it. And I’m sure the manager agrees. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

14 wins. 2 draws. 3 losses. That was our record since he came into the side. Can’t argue with that I’m afraid, you can say ‘any defender would have changed our fortunes’, but we’ll never know. The fact is Storey did.

24 years old. Excellent age and the type of player we should be investing in. Plenty of room to improve and give us resale value. Ihiekwe or Dean might be good players, but they’re getting on and won’t get much better and we won’t make any money on them.

A young, solid centre half who has proven himself here and is comfortable with the ball at his feet - is exactly the type of player we should be going for! 

He isn't a player I'd be paying a fee for, so just because Storey was in the side we won 14 games? his balls up at Fleetwood, if it hadn't been for Gregory turning the game around for us we probably wouldn't have made the play offs. As for being good with the ball at his feet, I don't know what you saw but his distribution was poor for me. Didn't look comfortable when pressed whatsoever 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, s29wfc said:

He isn't a player I'd be paying a fee for, so just because Storey was in the side we won 14 games? his balls up at Fleetwood, if it hadn't been for Gregory turning the game around for us we probably wouldn't have made the play offs. As for being good with the ball at his feet, I don't know what you saw but his distribution was poor for me. Didn't look comfortable when pressed whatsoever 

His pass completion rate was one of the highest of any defender in the league second half of the campaign. He was also towards the top for aerial battles won.

So to suggest he was crap with the ball at his feet and got bullied is wide off the mark! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

’Storey was rubbish (even though every stat will suggest otherwise) so let’s go for an over the hill defender instead’.

Make your chuffin minds up. We were excellent second half of the season and if we had Storey in from the start we’d have got promoted out of this god forsaken division.

If there’s any possibility of getting him back, we should jump on it. And I’m sure the manager agrees. 

Agreed. Especially about lowering the average squad age, it needs looking at. Players with resale value are needed as well as experienced ones. 

Surprised how anyone didn’t rate Storey.

Huge difference when he came into the team compared to before. One of the catalysts for the unbelievable 2nd half of the season. 

Perfect for RCB. Great reader of the game, loads of potential. Would take him in a heartbeat back on loan. 

• Like 3

I don’t think Storey is a realistic signing but that said regardless of the usual intellectual insight on here, he played a part in helping us get up the table so ultimately he was a decent signing but the usual suspects on here expect perfection.

• Like 2

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

His pass completion rate was one of the highest of any defender in the league second half of the campaign. He was also towards the top for aerial battles won.

So to suggest he was crap with the ball at his feet and got bullied is wide off the mark! 

Stats are the most deceiving thing in football and when brought up annoy the hell out of me, I make my judgement with my own eyes. I don't rate him, simple as 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Stats are the most deceiving thing in football and when brought up annoy the hell out of me, I make my judgement with my own eyes. I don't rate him, simple as 

Well he hardly put a foot wrong mate, so not sure what game you were watching.

We won’t get much better this window, therefore I think you’ll be bitterly disappointed whoever we sign.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We won’t get much better this window, therefore I think you’ll be bitterly disappointed whoever we sign.

Michael Ihiekwe is better for starters and won't cost a penny. 

Let's see if DM goes back in for Storey then this summer , that will give us a good idea if he rates him cos I'm certain we could have him back on loan if we want him. He signed a long term extension at Preston before he came here but will be nowhere near their squad next season.

• Haha 1

Just now, s29wfc said:

Let's see if DM goes back in for Storey then this summer , that will give us a good idea if he rates him cos I'm certain we could have him back on loan if we want him. He signed a long term extension at Preston before he came here but will be nowhere near their squad next season.

I think he will be in Preston's squad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This. 

If you’re disappointed with Jordan Storey a player who did so well for us it’s unlikely his Championship club will even let him out again then you’re expectations will have to be lowered. 

L1 looked a breeze for the lad. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

We wouldn't be able to afford him on a transfer and I reckon he'll be firmly in Preston's plans next season. 

15 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Yes, I can see how it might be annoying when the facts don't correlate with your own, subjective opinion on matters.

:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Totally agree 100 percent. 

We won’t get him though. Reply 

I'm on the fence about him (Storey). Played some decent games for us, but i do think we can find similar or better. I also think Iorfa, if fit and back to his confident self, is better than anyone we can get including Storey. That's a big if, but he was being watched heavily by prem clubs not so long ago. 

Just now, onlyonedavidhirst said:

I'm on the fence about him (Storey). Played some decent games for us, but i do think we can find similar or better. I also think Iorfa, if fit and back to his confident self, is better than anyone we can get including Storey. That's a big if, but he was being watched heavily by prem clubs not so long ago. 

Iorfa is worse than Storey in every single category other than pace. 

• Like 1