SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

16 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

I think there's so many factors in the decision to sign for a particular football club.

From my perspective, I would much prefer to sign for a Big League One club with ambitions of promotion (and thus winning more) vs a team getting battered in the Championship week after week. We should be looking to attract the calibre of player whom the bottom 8 of the Championship are trying to sign (The likes of Vaulks and Smith). The lure of perhaps a similar contract (with good promotion bonuses), playing in a winning team at a bigger club can be a factor. 

Of course money will always be one of the biggest factors but I think footballers also weigh up the other parts also. It's why we were able to compete for the likes of Johnson and Gregory (location was a big incentive for him) last season and we'll do the same this season.

I disagree you are a player, you want to play as high as you can.

Using you analogy you would rather play championship top end than be mixing it in the premier league each week. I bet none of the Burnley, Watford, Norwich will be happy to be a big fish in the championship when they could be fighting for survival in the Premier league

26 minutes ago, FootballTyper said:

If that was true I wouldn't weigh 20 stone 😆

Impossible. On one of those it cannot be true.

I don't come on here much. Started writing articles again, they're over on my Twitter. Have a good one guys!

Which one not true Matt? My guess the smith one? Keep the articles coming good reading? Think vaulks will sign ?

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I disagree you are a player, you want to play as high as you can.

Using you analogy you would rather play championship top end than be mixing it in the premier league each week. I bet none of the Burnley, Watford, Norwich will be happy to be a big fish in the championship when they could be fighting for survival in the Premier league

Do you really want a player who signs for you because the opposition will be easier?

26 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

I think there's so many factors in the decision to sign for a particular football club.

From my perspective, I would much prefer to sign for a Big League One club with ambitions of promotion (and thus winning more) vs a team getting battered in the Championship week after week. We should be looking to attract the calibre of player whom the bottom 8 of the Championship are trying to sign (The likes of Vaulks and Smith). The lure of perhaps a similar contract (with good promotion bonuses), playing in a winning team at a bigger club can be a factor. 

Of course money will always be one of the biggest factors but I think footballers also weigh up the other parts also. It's why we were able to compete for the likes of Johnson and Gregory (location was a big incentive for him) last season and we'll do the same this season.

At last someone who actually understands footballers making decisions on not only money some actually have ambition.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Be patient get off the lads back and just wait 

No worries bladeshater already this not jack guy is a 🤡 but egg all over his face when it happens he will 💯 go hiding or glad your genuine testicles 😂😂😂

17 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Do you really want a player who signs for you because the opposition will be easier?

Thats not what i said do you want to re read my post and look at what i was replying too????

2 hours ago, Owl66 said:

So Wednesday people shout it from the rooftops more clubs get alerted and lose out ffs 🤦‍♂️ some posters why bother ?

Why would that matter if two championships are in for him but he wants to come to Wednesday 

surely every league club can be in for him and he’d still want to come to Wednesday 

16 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Thats not what i said do you want to re read my post and look at what i was replying too????

I was agreeing with you, making the point that if a player does not want to compete at his highest level, is he the type of player you want in your team, or is he just there for the money and an easy ride.

• Thanks 1

Peterborough United’s recently released defender Mark Beevers has agreed to join A-League side Perth Glory, it has been claimed.

Peterborough United confirmed earlier this week that centre-back Beevers would be heading for pastures new.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Peterborough United’s recently released defender Mark Beevers has agreed to join A-League side Perth Glory, it has been claimed.

Peterborough United confirmed earlier this week that centre-back Beevers would be heading for pastures new.

Lovely for his family, jealous

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Some reyt away trips there every other week. Perth to Sydney is 4000km, 41 hours by road, each way - even Rotherham Owls wouldn't take that on.

• Haha 3

If this Botteghin rumour is true, screams Paixao.

He’s got very good experience but at 34 the same question marks over whether he’s here for one final pay day. 

On the other hand he could have a couple of years left in the tank and be a cut above in this league.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Excellent work from the club if this gets done. Vaulks could have got a Championship club. Really good lad and would be a superb addition for a League One team. 

Agree, but then I thought similar about Lewis Wing...so what do I know!

• Haha 1

Just now, striker said:

Agree, but then I thought similar about Lewis Wing...so what do I know!

True, but Vaulks is a different type of player. More defensive minded and will give his all for the cause. 

I don’t think Wing quite fit in to the way we set up. Not sure you can have both Bannan and Wing in the same side.

• Like 4