SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

21 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

thank you for the reply. You probably can’t give the names but do you think they would be good signings? 

Will Vaulks is one of them, which I personally think is a good signing

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Owl66 said:

No worries my source also tells me the two Rotherham lads actually signed yesterday big statement to make if not true so let’s see if it gets made public very soon or maybe you can verify as you seam a very sceptical person. 

Are you formally known as "Owl" who was previously "KevOwl"?lol

• Haha 2

Have a funny feeling we might get George Hirst back on loan. Lines up with what thebizzle has said. 

In football terms I think it would be a good move for both the lad and the club. Another full season under his belt for a club looking to go up and a young, mobile striker to help us out upfront. 

But maybe there’s too much bad blood still. 

• Like 1

Guest hirstysfags

Millers supporting boss holds Vaulks in high regard. Says it would be a much better signing than Wing, purely based on consistency

Fleetwood Town are delighted to announce the signing of midfielder Brendan Wiredu on a three-year deal for an undisclosed six-figure fee.

The highly-rated 22-year-old joins the Cods from Sky Bet League Two side Colchester United, with Town having to fight off multiple League One and Championship sides for his signature.

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Have a funny feeling we might get George Hirst back on loan. Lines up with what thebizzle has said. 

In football terms I think it would be a good move for both the lad and the club. Another full season under his belt for a club looking to go up and a young, mobile striker to help us out upfront. 

This would be brilliant for all parties !!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

I disagree you are a player, you want to play as high as you can.

Using you analogy you would rather play championship top end than be mixing it in the premier league each week. I bet none of the Burnley, Watford, Norwich will be happy to be a big fish in the championship when they could be fighting for survival in the Premier league

Premier league is a completely different beast to the Championship. There's also so many factors which goes into being a footballer and where you play (Geographically, family dynamic etc). 

Looks as though Vaulks is one of those players. I completely get it too. 

15 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Can’t see it myself.

Contract issues that led to him being frozen out the club. Leads him to go to Leicester via a sister club to avoid paying proper compensation. This leads to Wednesday looking into legal action. 

Very very sour ending. 

Not checked out this thread once until now. Enjoying a summer of no football, just fishing and cricket.

Life is so much more relaxing away from constantly being let down by Wednesday.

We should've gone up automatically last season, we were good enough to do so, just threw away so many daft points. We have a gift in turning wins into defeats and draws, and draws into defeats.

May the summer last forever.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Fleetwood Town are delighted to announce the signing of midfielder Brendan Wiredu on a three-year deal for an undisclosed six-figure fee.

The highly-rated 22-year-old joins the Cods from Sky Bet League Two side Colchester United, with Town having to fight off multiple League One and Championship sides for his signature.

He looked decent would’ve liked us to get a player in like that and develop them but we do already have a couple in that cm position 

1 hour ago, Tony Pulis said:

This is the League One advantage by the way...

Most players would rather be in team which is more likely to be successful, albeit in a lower division, rather than a team likely to be struggling because it makes them look better players and adds value to their name, and players want to win silverware.

Yep, all the more reason to build something now that gives us some momentum and squad value. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony Pulis said:

This is the League One advantage by the way...

Most players would rather be in team which is more likely to be successful, albeit in a lower division, rather than a team likely to be struggling because it makes them look better players and adds value to their name, and players want to win silverware.

How dare you come on this forum and speak complete sense?

3 hours ago, swfcGibbo said:

I think there's so many factors in the decision to sign for a particular football club.

From my perspective, I would much prefer to sign for a Big League One club with ambitions of promotion (and thus winning more) vs a team getting battered in the Championship week after week. We should be looking to attract the calibre of player whom the bottom 8 of the Championship are trying to sign (The likes of Vaulks and Smith). The lure of perhaps a similar contract (with good promotion bonuses), playing in a winning team at a bigger club can be a factor. 

Of course money will always be one of the biggest factors but I think footballers also weigh up the other parts also. It's why we were able to compete for the likes of Johnson and Gregory (location was a big incentive for him) last season and we'll do the same this season.

I don't think they will get battered every week personally, I thought they were unlucky to get relegated last time, if it wasn't for covid and having to play 9 games in a month I think they would have stayed up, Paul Warne is an excellent manager and if he had Chansiris money to spend I think they would be pushing for top 6, if DM leaves it's Paul Warne for me.

6 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Sheffield Star saying we looking elsewhere with a move for Harlee Dean looking unlikely due to their takeover. 

Also says we are “closing in on Michael Ihiekwe”

Suspect we got Heneghan and potentially Ihiekwe it seems instead of Dean, he was always an expensive move.