SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

5 minutes ago, NOT jack whitham said:

And why is that a reason to keep it secret ?..come on try to keep up.

So Wednesday people shout it from the rooftops more clubs get alerted and lose out ffs 🤦‍♂️ some posters why bother ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NOT jack whitham said:

So you think wed fans would jeopardise the deal ? 😂😂

No worries my source also tells me the two Rotherham lads actually signed yesterday big statement to make if not true so let’s see if it gets made public very soon or maybe you can verify as you seam a very sceptical person. 

Just now, Owl66 said:

No worries my source also tells me the two Rotherham lads actually signed yesterday big statement to make if not true so let’s see if it gets made public very soon or maybe you can verify as you seam a very sceptical person. 

Not sceptical at all just heard hundreds of stories like this over the last few years, 2 Rotherham lads ?..who would they be ?

7 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Would be very happy with this.  Smith on a free is as good a peice of business you could pull off for a target man at this level. 

If we can add him and wilks then there are lots of goals in Gregory, smith, windass and wilks next year.

Thought Smith has re-signed for toytown already, so presumably this is Ihekwe and one other?

Could it be Valuks as he is ex-rotherham?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Owl66 said:

So Wednesday people shout it from the rooftops more clubs get alerted and lose out ffs 🤦‍♂️ some posters why bother ?

I appreciate the info, but I'm sure football clubs don't scout players on football forums or Twitter. 

Hope your source is accurate. 

39 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Would be very happy with this.  Smith on a free is as good a peice of business you could pull off for a target man at this level. 

If we can add him and wilks then there are lots of goals in Gregory, smith, windass and wilks next year.

4986448_tml.jpg.10732398ddd167f2537b05d82419ddcf.jpg

• Haha 3

What’s convinced Smith is Paul Warne telling him that if he signed he’d be remembered for ever in Rotherham and given the Freedom of the City. 

Welcome to Hillsborough Michael Smith. 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, FootballTyper said:

If that was true I wouldn't weigh 20 stone 😆

Impossible. On one of those it cannot be true.

I don't come on here much. Started writing articles again, they're over on my Twitter. Have a good one guys!

Doing well with your source lately anyway, whoever it is!

Enjoy your articles, a nice read with my cup of tea, keep them coming.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Owl66 said:

Sounds like your source is not very good 😊

• Like 1

I think there's so many factors in the decision to sign for a particular football club.

From my perspective, I would much prefer to sign for a Big League One club with ambitions of promotion (and thus winning more) vs a team getting battered in the Championship week after week. We should be looking to attract the calibre of player whom the bottom 8 of the Championship are trying to sign (The likes of Vaulks and Smith). The lure of perhaps a similar contract (with good promotion bonuses), playing in a winning team at a bigger club can be a factor. 

Of course money will always be one of the biggest factors but I think footballers also weigh up the other parts also. It's why we were able to compete for the likes of Johnson and Gregory (location was a big incentive for him) last season and we'll do the same this season.

1 hour ago, Owl66 said:

Richard Wood and Joe Mattock incoming then.

Back to the 00's lol