Whatever happens tonight

Leaving off soon and it feels a bit like the Hull play-off final which the match is worthy of.

I think Moore probably should have scraped us into the automatics but on the other hand we were a mess coming down, season looked over by half-way, we have had crazy injuries no doubt and improved as the season went on.

So just having a chance at going up is a great thing.

If we lose then we have Spendageddon 2 to look forward to this summer, Scott Twine and Ross Stewart please Mr C, and we'll start as favourites next season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Fridays done.

All about tonight. And regardless, I’ve genuinely enjoyed this season and I think we’re building something potentially special here. 

I just hope the lads leave everything out there and don’t have any regrets when they leave the pitch. If we lose cos Sunderland are better than us then it’s fair do’s isn’t it. If we lose just cos of a silly mistake or not playing to our own full potential then it’s a sickener.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Whatever happens tonight, enjoy the build up. Enjoy the nerves and the worry. Embrace them. You wouldn't be feeling em if we'd finished 7th. We are where we want to be aren't we? Competing at the right end 9f the table, OK, automatic would have been preferable but I'll take this. It's why we do it week in week out. It's why we buy our season tickets or our pay on the day tickets or our Ifollow passes. It's why we get up at stupid o'clock cos we live in far flung countries. It's why we bring our kids up to support Wednesday, even though we know deep down we're signing em up to a life of stress and worry. It's for nights like tonight. One shot. One aim. One Wednesday. 

The players have put in one hell of a shift in the 2nd half of the season and with a bit of luck and skill the season isn't over yet. 90 minutes of noise from us could push them on to greater heights. Cheer every pass, forgive every mistake and lift em back up. They are human and will make mistakes, show em that we don't care as long as they try and rectify it. Give them the confidence to achieve. 

Tonight, just before kick off, take a look around. A full Hillsborough is a thing of beauty, drink it in and use it as fuel to get you through. Be part of the team for those of us who are no longer with us. We are Wednesday through and through, let's show em tonight what this means. 

This is great. It’s like having a therapy session. Thank you and UTO!

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Whatever happens tonight, enjoy the build up. Enjoy the nerves and the worry. Embrace them. You wouldn't be feeling em if we'd finished 7th. We are where we want to be aren't we? Competing at the right end 9f the table, OK, automatic would have been preferable but I'll take this. It's why we do it week in week out. It's why we buy our season tickets or our pay on the day tickets or our Ifollow passes. It's why we get up at stupid o'clock cos we live in far flung countries. It's why we bring our kids up to support Wednesday, even though we know deep down we're signing em up to a life of stress and worry. It's for nights like tonight. One shot. One aim. One Wednesday. 

The players have put in one hell of a shift in the 2nd half of the season and with a bit of luck and skill the season isn't over yet. 90 minutes of noise from us could push them on to greater heights. Cheer every pass, forgive every mistake and lift em back up. They are human and will make mistakes, show em that we don't care as long as they try and rectify it. Give them the confidence to achieve. 

Tonight, just before kick off, take a look around. A full Hillsborough is a thing of beauty, drink it in and use it as fuel to get you through. Be part of the team for those of us who are no longer with us. We are Wednesday through and through, let's show em tonight what this means. 

Lovely stuff.

• Thanks 1

Great Post...what ever the result well be back watching them again like we always do.

If we get behind them like like Brighton, Burnley qf,  Arsenal  LC we can do Hillsborough is a special place on nights like this, let's make it so again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Post of the season.

Mind, if we lose 4-0 you'll look a right n0bber 🤣

• Thanks 1

Fantastic Battle Cry. Couldn't put it better myself. CRY HAVOC AND LET SLIP THE OWLS OF WAR!!!!!!!!!😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

can agree as an IB teacher in China the times always mental with the iplayer season ticket but will wake up local 2am and just as buzzing. This is football 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

If the worse does happen and we don’t win tonight I honestly do think we will be top 2 next season if Moore is backed in the transfer market. 

This for me. I think we'll defo build on this season and with the right signings we will go up auto. 

• Like 1

Please, please don't have a go at the players tonight, I don't think for one minute any one of them will be giving less that 100%, if they make a mistake which they will let's cheer them and encourage, not moan and groan, tonight we've got to grasp it, players and supporters alike.

Come on you blue and white wizards!!!!!

Edited by Suffolk.Owl
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1