Whatever happens tonight

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Whatever happens tonight, enjoy the build up. Enjoy the nerves and the worry. Embrace them. You wouldn't be feeling em if we'd finished 7th. We are where we want to be aren't we? Competing at the right end 9f the table, OK, automatic would have been preferable but I'll take this. It's why we do it week in week out. It's why we buy our season tickets or our pay on the day tickets or our Ifollow passes. It's why we get up at stupid o'clock cos we live in far flung countries. It's why we bring our kids up to support Wednesday, even though we know deep down we're signing em up to a life of stress and worry. It's for nights like tonight. One shot. One aim. One Wednesday. 

The players have put in one hell of a shift in the 2nd half of the season and with a bit of luck and skill the season isn't over yet. 90 minutes of noise from us could push them on to greater heights. Cheer every pass, forgive every mistake and lift em back up. They are human and will make mistakes, show em that we don't care as long as they try and rectify it. Give them the confidence to achieve. 

Tonight, just before kick off, take a look around. A full Hillsborough is a thing of beauty, drink it in and use it as fuel to get you through. Be part of the team for those of us who are no longer with us. We are Wednesday through and through, let's show em tonight what this means. 

Win lose or draw, I'm still having a heart attack, =ticket available for the final

• Like 1

hated the first leg, especially most of the 2nd half but, I would have snapped your hand off at the start of the season for finishing 4th.

Moore has a built a team on frees and loans and despite injuries we finished  where we did. Its been great to see us winning again and even a loss tonight wont change the upward trajectory we are on now.

Ill be there tonight cheering on the lads. living in hope we can make it a step further but if we dont we go again next season with real momentum

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

If we're knocking at the door in the first 5 minutes Hillsborough will get behind them 

We need to be ruthless, fight for every ball, hunt everything down - if we don't get over the line and we've given 110% then we've done the lot. 

Please please please don't go out with a whimper, I don't want to see us at 60 minutes and finally making a change to go and get a goal. This needs to be 90 minutes of getting in their faces and getting at them - it didn't pay off for them on Friday night, but we've shown we can do this at home and do the business. 

This. No more Huddersfield like regrets - go for it. Just give it a good go - that's all we can ask.

• Like 2

Amazing post!

Makes me love The Wednesday even more. Living down in the colony I'll be up for kick off then work all day, If I was back home then hopefully at Hillsborough with my Dad then down to Wembley next Saturday 🙂

People ask me here in Australia 'oh who do you support in the EPL' - I just laugh at them and get them have a guess with a clue or two thrown into the conversation some get it some don't. Then some will ask 'but why do you not support an EPL team aswell' 'Were not like you lot who chase glory, Wednesday choose you and that's it for life'

From going to random places to taking my England flag with 'SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY' to test matches here with a Wednesday shirt on - no sh*ts given. It's not changing it is who we are embedded in us.

Please just back ourselves tonight and get the job done! 

WAWAW

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Whatever happens tonight, enjoy the build up. Enjoy the nerves and the worry. Embrace them. You wouldn't be feeling em if we'd finished 7th. We are where we want to be aren't we? Competing at the right end 9f the table, OK, automatic would have been preferable but I'll take this. It's why we do it week in week out. It's why we buy our season tickets or our pay on the day tickets or our Ifollow passes. It's why we get up at stupid o'clock cos we live in far flung countries. It's why we bring our kids up to support Wednesday, even though we know deep down we're signing em up to a life of stress and worry. It's for nights like tonight. One shot. One aim. One Wednesday. 

The players have put in one hell of a shift in the 2nd half of the season and with a bit of luck and skill the season isn't over yet. 90 minutes of noise from us could push them on to greater heights. Cheer every pass, forgive every mistake and lift em back up. They are human and will make mistakes, show em that we don't care as long as they try and rectify it. Give them the confidence to achieve. 

Tonight, just before kick off, take a look around. A full Hillsborough is a thing of beauty, drink it in and use it as fuel to get you through. Be part of the team for those of us who are no longer with us. We are Wednesday through and through, let's show em tonight what this means. 

Beautiful 

• Thanks 2

Players and management need to have no regrets about tonight, none of this sitting back rubbish. If we go for it, creating chances and lose I will be gutted. If we sit back half arsed and lose I will be angry. Come on Wednesday, do us all proud. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Nah I want a win. You don’t remember the little buzz about being in the play offs, it’s no better than finishing 7th if you don’t win it 

I hear and agree brother.

We all need to embrace this attitude!

What a fantastic thread opening post. Just having my break in the lorry on my way back to Sheffield and reading that makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Can't wait for tonight. Bring it on. Wednesday till we die.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, George said:

If we go through tonight, great.

If we don’t; then we can take a couple of days to sulk and be bitter and then HMS ******** the League starts preparing for sea. Because this team have come a hell of a long way in a season and if we can keep them together and make the right additions, next season will be epic.

This 100%.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, George said:

If we go through tonight, great.

If we don’t; then we can take a couple of days to sulk and be bitter and then HMS ******** the League starts preparing for sea. Because this team have come a hell of a long way in a season and if we can keep them together and make the right additions, next season will be epic.

Spot on, Whatever the result tonight i hope whoever goes through gets promotion. 

Having both Sunderland and ourselves in League 1 next season just makes it a little bit harder to get promoted.

Wycombe could easily fall away next season like Lincoln did this. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Greatest post in history, should stick this on the dressing room door 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Exactly. Sums things up perfectly. Bring it on.

• Thanks 1