fear or excitement

2 minutes ago, Southsea Owl said:

Thank you for this. I’m in North Africa but now feeling confident. WTID

If Sunderland sit back and let us have the ball, they are in all kinds of trouble...

• Like 1

I think "Wednesday" itself is an emotional state over time. It's a clenching anticipation that sprints from anxiety to hope at a breakneck pace that culminates in relief and euphoric hope, or crushing disappointment and resignation all dependent on context.

So how do I feel about tomorrow?

1 hour ago, REDOWL said:

IMG_20220508_222036.jpg

4 hours ago, OrlandoUnTrustful said:

In all honestly we can’t play any worse than we did Friday and I don’t believe Sunderland are capable of playing better.

I am absolutely sick and tired of the vomit inducing love in’s that’s created for poxy one horse towns like Sunderland, Newcastle, Derby and Leeds.

If you live on your own and claim bragging rights over being the tallest person in your home its pathetic.

Liked your first point there. Rest was a bit weird!

Say what you will about Sunderland itself but nothing ‘one-horse’ about their footy club, be fair - it’s a proper ‘un, much like ours.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Both FEAR and EXCITEMENT, which always raises the spectre that I could just sh!t myself if I don't concentrate really hard........ 😂

Yes, both emotions are present, kind of like a storm at sea, it's both exciting and very scary,  and the outcome isn't guaranteed.

Wednesday, 3 - 0,  could be any Wednesday players scoring the goals,  but Gregory will probably get one.  Sunderland got into the outer-bands of the hurricane on Friday last, they managed to sail through,  but only because of a brief pause in the storm.  

Today, Sunderland has reached the hurricane proper, and I think they will be seriously hit.  Sunderland won because Wednesday ;made a mistake.  Sure, they were giving it their all to score, but they couldn't, until...and they didn't score after the mistake. 

The scary part is that Wednesday couldn't score either.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Revenant said:

There's nothing to fear except fear itself

What's not to be excited about? We're just like watching Brazil when we get control of a game.

https://www.theta.tv/video/vidauvxx61a4t16zv5g

Excitement when I think of this and fear when I think of some of our defensive ... ahem ... lapses.

COME ON WEDNESDAY

COME ON WEDNESDAY

COME ON WEDNESDAY 

• Thanks 1

I’m an absolute wreck.  I felt confident about the playoffs until the performance on Friday and fear being let down again.  Got a day of work to get through and don’t know how I can manage it.  Stomach is in knots already.

8 hours ago, BOOFABI said:

I think "Wednesday" itself is an emotional state over time. It's a clenching anticipation that sprints from anxiety to hope at a breakneck pace that culminates in relief and euphoric hope, or crushing disappointment and resignation all dependent on context.

So how do I feel about tomorrow?

Morning mate ,feel proud to be a Wednesdayite today and every other day,but especially today. Being a Wednesday fan is a roller coaster but keep on believing.

• Love 2