League 1 final average attendances

Wow thats amazing by Sunderland, they are getting bigger average crowds than the bottom 7 EPL teams. 

We are getting better crowds than the bottom 3 in the EPL, in bloody League 1.

Big clubs always remain that way

• Like 4

As we know, the combination of 20 years of underachievement, the club’s attempt to shift away from POTG, season tickets prices being the highest in the division or thereabouts, the relationship between Chansiri and the fans and poor commercial operation have gradually eroded a jaded fanbase hence why we’re a few thousand down on where we ought to be

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

We have been worse than Sunderland and Ipswich for far longer and are surrounded by other clubs, not just United. I think our prices are higher too . We are the best fans in the British Isles.

Ipswich Season ticket seems to be between 354,50 and 624,50 (Adult) depending on the block

Sunderland (early bird)                         between 335 and 745 (Adult)

Owls                                                         between 435 and 585 €   ( 365 to 495  December Early bird)

That underlines IMO that we need to allow for a bigger price difference between the different stands to get the Kop-prices down

1 hour ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Franchise have really built up a huge fanbase after nearly 20 years.

Well worth stealing a league spot for that.

I'll never understand why Frachise FC get a single supporter. They don't deserve any.

But when they built a 30k stadium I assumed they must have found enough people with no moral compass to support them.

But at that average, their stadium is less than 1/3rd full for most games.

I know we rarely get near our full capacity but at least we are always well beyond half full. 1/3rd full must be cavernous. You may as well only have one stand for home fans.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Imagine how good our attendances could be if we had been ran professionally for the last 5 years.

Have the dropped massively from what they’ve always tended to be? 

Just now, markg said:

Have the dropped massively from what they’ve always tended to be? 

You don't think running the club in a better manner would improve the fan's relationship with the club, and therefore lead to better attendances?

Our attendances are fine for League One IMO. It's a shame what we've had to put up with though.

• Like 2