League 1 final average attendances

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

You think a supporter of Newton Heath in 1902 felt the same about their club moving 6 miles down the road as a Wimbledon fan in 2002 seeing their 100 year old club moved to Milton Keynes?

Yep

• Haha 1

Just now, owls maniac said:

lol I’ll leave you to your trolling 

No trolling just pointing out MKD are not the only team to move and not make there supporters happy ,  sure we did it twice.

lets have a great next couple of weeks (please)

Just now, Bucksowl said:

No trolling just pointing out MKD are not the only team to move and not make there supporters happy ,  sure we did it twice.

lets have a great next couple of weeks (please)

But you refuse to accept the very obvious difference. We moved 4 miles from Olive Grove and even kept the same name. We were also only 30 years old when we moved Hillsborough- that’s one generation of supporters. 

Wimbledon were 113 years old and had deep roots in their community before being booted 50 miles to another town entirely. 

I get that none of this is the fault of MK Dons fans, but you can’t dismiss the disgraceful way their club came into existence by equating it with 19th century ground moves when all professional clubs were just in their infancy. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

But you refuse to accept the very obvious difference. We moved 4 miles from Olive Grove and even kept the same name. We were also only 30 years old when we moved Hillsborough- that’s one generation of supporters. 

Wimbledon were 113 years old and had deep roots in their community before being booted 50 miles to another town entirely. 

I get that none of this is the fault of MK Dons fans, but you can’t dismiss the disgraceful way their club came into existence by equating it with 19th century ground moves when all professional clubs were just in their infancy. 

And you refuse to accept time changes, 4 miles then was a long way. but you are a owl I will not argue with you. Take care

1 minute ago, Bucksowl said:

lets accept he could have done better

That's kind of an understatement.   Chansiri's antics have been done to absolute death on here though.

Firstly even when Chansiri was thowing his money around there was actually some people on here voicing suspicion.   Yea its great with hindsight but there you go.  After the defeat to Huddersfield many fans turned on Carlos and it gradually got worse for him as he was left with pretty much the same squad he started with, with one or two super expensive crocks added on top.  Chansiri still was adamant that we didn't need to sell (ignoring any signs or idea about yearly turnover).  Monk did ok but this turned sour as news about a potential points deduction came about.  Again the club never made very little attempt to sell these expensive crocks/players. 

Last season when the sh@t really hit the fan Monk/Pulis/Thompson/Moore all were left with an unmotivated and at time unpaid squad. All looking at a relegation and a decision to make about their future. No wonder half of them gave up.  The club actually let some of their contracts run out?!  

Chansiri, despite this being a decent season,  should take a large part of blame for where we are, without doubt.

3 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

That's kind of an understatement.   Chansiri's antics have been done to absolute death on here though.

Firstly even when Chansiri was thowing his money around there was actually some people on here voicing suspicion.   Yea its great with hindsight but there you go.  After the defeat to Huddersfield many fans turned on Carlos and it gradually got worse for him as he was left with pretty much the same squad he started with, with one or two super expensive crocks added on top.  Chansiri still was adamant that we didn't need to sell (ignoring any signs or idea about yearly turnover).  Monk did ok but this turned sour as news about a potential points deduction came about.  Again the club never made very little attempt to sell these expensive crocks/players. 

Last season when the sh@t really hit the fan Monk/Pulis/Thompson/Moore all were left with an unmotivated and at time unpaid squad. All looking at a relegation and a decision to make about their future. No wonder half of them gave up.  The club actually let some of their contracts run out?!  

Chansiri, despite this being a decent season,  should take a large part of blame for where we are, without doubt.

The word you use is crock very hard to sell these especially when broken and on large contracts .

That's the down side.

Carlos never developed the Hull losing team (in the correct areas at least).

The points deduction should never have got us relegated (6 points), performance on the field did.

Fan pressure got monk sacked, Pulis got us relegated.

Who got ride of the Manager who would have kept us up (in my opinion, Monk)  

12 minutes ago, Bucksowl said:

And you refuse to accept time changes, 4 miles then was a long way. but you are a owl I will not argue with you. Take care

But we were 30 years old. In the first Sheffield derby there were only 10,000 fans there. Clubs didn’t have the fanatical fan bases forged in decades of being rooted in the community like Wimbledon would have in 2002. 

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one. I don’t begrudge Milton Keynes having a football club, but start your own and rise up from the bottom of the pyramid. AFC Wimbledon managed it and they are the real heroes in all of this.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Bucksowl said:

The word you use is crock very hard to sell these especially when broken and on large contracts .

That's the down side.

Carlos never developed the Hull losing team (in the correct areas at least).

The points deduction should never have got us relegated (6 points), performance on the field did.

Fan pressure got monk sacked, Pulis got us relegated.

Who got ride of the Manager who would have kept us up (in my opinion, Monk)  

True, but not all of them were crocked.  And we definatly didnt need all the loan players padding the squad.   Chansiri should have thought more long term and not simply expect we were going to get promoted.  It was incredibly short term thinking.  As a child would do with a toy.

If Carlos would/should have 'developed' the squad then he might have thought to sell players/maybe slim down the squad and not adhere to Chansiri's view of family.

'The points deduction should never have got us relegated'.  Sorry but thats just your opinion and can't be verified.  It was clear as day that the players were demotivated by the club, run by Chansiri, having many many problems.

Fan pressure got Monk sacked, yes after the worst 18 months of performances ive seen as a Wednesday fan since 1988.  I've still got PTSD.  Pulis couldn't get a tune out of us because he didn't have the players to play the way he wanted.  Also he was only a manager at SWFC for about 6 weeks.  So he can't really take all the blame.

Again in your opinion Monk would have kept us up, who knows but Monk really did himself no favours but he was working under terrible conditions, one of them was dealing with an ageing and constantly injured squad.  He also had to deal with constant embargoes caused by the actions of one man.

You cannot deny that the club was a complete mess, caused mainly by the actions of Chansiri.

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

This article suggests thatmWimbledon's losses weren't especially bad until the Norwegian owners took full control, and, tempted by the approaches from Winkelman, (willfully?) allowed the club to become a basket case...

http://truthaboutfranchisefc.blogspot.com/2013/11/wimbledon-fc-finances-liquidation-lies.html?m=1

As the article says: "The figures prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if the owners had sold players, cancelled contracts and budgeted sensibly for life outside the top division, then the club could have continued to operate. The owners chose not to do that, but instead devoted all their efforts to trying to secure the MK move.

"The only thing the club needed saving from was two owners hell bent on moving it to Milton Keynes, when it could have gone back to being financially viable in London.

"...be under no illusions, without Winkelman and the MK consortium there could and should still be a Wimbledon FC playing in London."

For me and many other football fans, the very notion of uprooting a football club and moving it to a different part of the country is anathema, and something which should never have been allowed to happen.

Plenty of lower league clubs have survived in London during the time period we're talking about, and I have no doubt that Wimbledon could have found a way, too.

Heck, surely the very fact that AFC Wimbledon exist is testament to that?

Thanks for that, this with Winkelman happened after the Club had exhausted all avenues with MERTON Council.

Remember some of this, but at the time the Club could not play at plough lane, the owners did try initially

to remedy this, as the arguments with Merton Council went public, and this went on for some time.

I suppose when Winkelman came onto the scene it was " gift horse mouth time".

There was talk at the time of ground share with Crystal Palace, don't know why this never happened.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

I don’t begrudge Milton Keynes having a football club, but start your own and rise up from the bottom of the pyramid. AFC Wimbledon managed it and they are the real heroes in all of this.

they had one in milton keynes city who played in the southern league /spartan league  and had a nice little ground that had plenty of scope(room) for development but for some reason winkleman didnt seem to want to take that option of starting from scratch ........the football fans in milton keynes didnt want to know about supporting a local  club until someone bought them a ready made  football league club .

• Love 1

7 hours ago, Bucksowl said:

Sorry I am a Sheffield boy, support Wednesday for 60+ years live in Buckingham (now) stop knocking MK Dons. They are a well establish local asset to the youth (Boys and girls) of the area .

Let it rest.

I don't want any club to go bust, not the blades, not rotherham, not the dingles, not any proper team. 

I really really hope that scum of a club cease to exist, I'd be genuinely delighted.

11 hours ago, meadowview owl said:

Two long suffering fanbases in ourselves and Sunderland , but really on paper got to hand it to Sunderland …regularly getting approx 30,000 ( yes the 1 club in the city argument comes into play ) 

honourable nod to Ipswich considering they are where never really in the run in come end of season8911666A-D849-45F9-B6A8-92E6F57E5513.thumb.png.c61258fed961c0c183a6e5efc2b9a61c.png

Thanks for that 👍 ours is fantastic considering the time away from the top flight. What would be great for me is seeing the average for the home team only. Think it would  significantly drop the average of Wigan and MKD who allow for big away followings as does Bolton I suppose. UTO 

14 hours ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

The original Wimbledon came from non-league to reach the top tier. As did Wigan.

The phoenix Wimbledon came out of deep in non-league and made it back to sit shoulder to shoulder with MK for years now. Several other phoenix clubs are also on their way back up.

It can be done, and done properly.

A lack of focus or direction is no excuse whatsoever to steal another club's very existence. That will never be right in the British game, or football in general for that matter.

There was a non league club called milton Keynes, run properly they could have done what AFC Wimbledon did. They folded when Wimbledon FC  moved there. 

14 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

In many respects it’s good that they do exist and nearly 20 years later are only pulling in sub 10k crowds as shows the whole notion of moving teams out of their community is complete nonsense! I can’t see any one else trying it!

I don’t have any beef whatsoever with the MKD fans or the club really. What happened happened. If I lived there I’d probably take my kids along to their games.

Their crowds are ok for this division

• Like 1