Today's games OMDT

So, after every result pretty much going against us on good Friday, what are we expecting today? 

Wimbledon v Wycombe 

Plymouth v Sunderland 

Home win and a draw would be best I reckon but what would be the second choice? Sunderland win cos we can overtake em tomorrow and leapfrog Plymouth as well? 

Edited by Lord Snooty

8 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

So, after every result pretty much going against us on good Friday, what are we expecting today? 

Wimbledon v Wycombe 

Plymouth v Sunderland 

Home win and a draw would be best I reckon but what would be the second choice? Sunderland win cos we can overtake em tomorrow and leapfrog Plymouth as well? 

I think I'd actually prefer a Plymouth win as this would mean we are already ahead of Sunderland before we kick off tomorrow. 

I don't think it really matters too much if we overtake Plymouth to get into 4th attempt end of the season. I'd rather keep a glimmer of daylight between us and those below us.

But I'm a bit of a pessimist I suppose.

Anyway I actually think Plymouth v Sunderland will be a draw and I'm also going out on a limb to say Wimbledon will beat Wycombe. Don't know why I just feel it in my old aching bones.

Edited by Pablo Bonvin
  • Like 1

Sunderland win for me. If Plymouth lose this today i don't think they'll get another point and will fall out of the play offs meaning we'd just need the 1 win from our last 4 games providing Oxford don't win them all.

Sunderland and Wycombe loss would be the best result surely?

Start tomorrow ahead of both of them with the opportunity to open up a 3 point gap. Irrelevant whether we get ahead of Plymouth, the only goal at the moment is to secure a spot in the playoffs (and then win them of course! 😁)

After an unlucky last minute defeat at Hillsborough, Wimbledon had done well under Mark Bowen, picking up two home draws. But losing 3-1 at Crewe on Friday was a stinker.

Wycombe flying overall, though their last 3 aways were DWD.

Must be a chance Wimbledon can hold on for a draw, which would be wonderful.

There’s no bad result in the other game. 

• Like 2

No bad result in Plymouth match.

But if your priority is purely us getting in top 6 and not bothered about who joins us - a Sunderland victory is definitely best.

That would leave Plymouth on 78 with two horrible matches left (Away v Wigan and Home v MK).

Its possible, in that scenario that simply beating Crewe and losing the rest might be enough for us.

If Plymouth win, that’s them on 81. Sunderland still on 76 but with three matches left (H v Cambridge, H v Rotherham, A v Morecambe). You’d really expect Sunderland to end on at least 82 even if they lost today, leaving us most likely needing at least 6 more points.

Anything other than a Wycombe win would be a huge bonus.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

After an unlucky last minute defeat at Hillsborough, Wimbledon had done well under Mark Bowen, picking up two home draws. But losing 3-1 at Crewe on Friday was a stinker.

Wycombe flying overall, though their last 3 aways were DWD.

Must be a chance Wimbledon can hold on for a draw, which would be wonderful.

There’s no bad result in the other game. 

Unlucky??  It was only a question of time before we scored, that we happened to score in the last minute is immaterial just makes it more dramatic.  

• Like 1

I’d personally rather Plymouth win. Should we win tomorrow that puts 3 points between us and Sunderland. Would still leave us with a game in hand on Plymouth so we could finish 4th. However I think I’d prefer to finish 5th and have the home game first at Hillsborough on the Friday night. 

I also don’t think Wycombe are a certainty either, Wimbledon could go down if results go against them today. You see some strange results at this stage of the season so I’m not writing them off today. 

17 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Unlucky??  It was only a question of time before we scored, that we happened to score in the last minute is immaterial just makes it more dramatic.  

Picky! 

OK…tight defeat.

Lets hope they are even more resilient today.